Re: The new website

tomorrow, tomorrow, i love you tomorrow your always a day a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

LOL.  Thats the song I was singing when I posted that message.  Classic.  Sure sign I am one step from the funny farm.

i'm already in the funny farm (look at my post count)

andor wrote:

By the way, as soon as I get some extra dough I'm donating to Rickard & co. What about everyone else? This is a major effort.

i would donate, but i want 1.2 to be realease first!!

i would donate but i'm poor, so my donation is to the punbb community which is mypunbb wink

Well, I'm back from my hol now Rikard so feel free to release it. Thanks for waiting smile   heheh.

(actually, no rush...I've several hundred spam to delete first!)

Happy new year to everybody.

barrowfc wrote:

actually, no rush...I've several hundred spam to delete first!

it would be good to relase it very soon though smile

has anyone thought that maybe its not releasing it now cuz it wants to piss everyone off.. .  .   .    .

Ok. It's 02:05 and I'm waiting for a reply from someone regarding an apparent bug in the permission system. I'm guessing that person has gone to bed, so I'm sorry, but I can't release it now. I really need to make sure what he experienced was not a bug or if it indeed was a bug, fix it quickly. Good thing is that Paul found a way to circumvent the Firefox rendering bug I spoke of earlier.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

okay... smile

I am not @ home in the weekend so it would be nice if you could release it today wink

*snälla* wink

psst ... I rather have a version not needing a patch after a day or two, just because people demand it, and it was rushed out... let it take the time it needs, it's not like EA is standing with a big blowtorch and a pair of pliers saying release it now or else ... big_smile

so, contrary to most posts I see these days ... IMHO, don't release it until you want to do so Rickard, rather a week extra waiting than an important patch within a week! big_smile

Frank H wrote:

IMHO, don't release it until you want to do so Rickard, rather a week extra waiting than an important patch within a week! big_smile

Agreed 100%! What's the hurry? All good things take time . . . though it must be nice to be in demand . . . knowing you won't disappoint is even better!

113 (edited by Jacq 2005-01-07 07:28)

Is this Firefox bug about div.postright extending to the poster information panel (div.postleft) masking the area there?

Seems to me that since yesterday the postright masking feature was inverted. What was masked before is now visible and vice versa. Have to check out my css though.

--edit--

Nevermind. It was my markup. The .postright transition was made with border and not margin.

114 (edited by Todd 2005-01-07 08:48)

The website is beautiful!  Man, I just love this community more and more every day!  1.2 hits soon!  Whoah!  Gotta love it!

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

Rickard wrote:

Good thing is that Paul found a way to circumvent the Firefox rendering bug I spoke of earlier.

Yey. smile
Take the time you need.
1 veeeeery minor thing. If you go into userlist with firefox. There is something wrong with the blinking thing where i enter a name to search for. It has 1 black pixel to the right of it.

For those who are interested. The Firefox bug is caused by images which don't have dimensions assigned to them. What happens is firefox positions surrounding content before it knows the size of the image and then fails to recalculate where to put everthing once it has got the image. The result is gaps appearing (or in some cases overlaps). Once you force Firefox to reflow the screen by changing text size etc the problem goes away.  The bug is actually in the Gecko rendering engine so it also affects Moz and Nutscrape. Mozilla have fixed it so it won't be a problem in Firefox 1.1 due for release in March. It's already be fixed in the nightly builds of Firefox.

I will look at userlist.

Paul, thanks for the info, that helps me solve a problem I've got also. smile

118 (edited by Paul 2005-01-08 02:21)

barrowfc: The fix is to make sure that all images have height and width. If that is not possible like here on PunBB then overflow:hidden on a containing div seems to do the trick.

The userlist input thing. I can't even reproduce it on my test setup and it comes and goes here. Not worth worrying about unless an obvious answer presents itself.

119 (edited by Todd 2005-01-08 02:27)

Hey.... its released!  I just downloaded it from the download section yet no news on the front page?  ITS RELEASED!!!  Sorry, cant curb my enthusiasm!

1.2 is released!!

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

have you just been refreshing the download page for 2 weeks waiting for it? tongue

Rickard wrote:

The website uses my homegrown news plugin that will be released shortly. It's dead simple, but it does the job.

Is this being released any time soon now that 1.2 is out?

Thanks for all of your hard work. big_smile

Rickard wrote:

The website uses my homegrown news plugin that will be released shortly. It's dead simple, but it does the job.

Rickard, just a note to show my appreciation for what I think is the easiest forum script to use for a total PHP idiot that I am. That said, I'm very, very eager to implement just what you did with the new PunBB website. Are you still considering releasing your news plugin?

I've tried using externnews.php but it's not working for me ... My post for this problem here.

Ah, yes. I'm sorry. I completely forgot. I will try to get my shit together and release it tonight.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Excellent, Rickard! I've been literally glued to this subject within the forum since I installed PunBB less than 24 hours ago big_smile  Can't wait, and I suspect quite a few others feel the same too!

Graffiti wrote:

Excellent, Rickard! I've been literally glued to this subject within the forum since I installed PunBB less than 24 hours ago big_smile  Can't wait, and I suspect quite a few others feel the same too!

ditto big_smile