Topic: Zend Studio 4 Beta

I just received a message from Zend about their new 'Enterprise' software suite. In addition to that, they're opening the floodgates to beta testing Zend Studio 4. Clicky.

Re: Zend Studio 4 Beta

Cool. I'll check it out. I just can't get over the fact that the morons wrote it in Java sad

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Why would they do that? Ease of porting between OSs?

Probably, yes.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Java just doesn't work properly in anything (in my experience)

I don't like Java. I've already dumped my use of ZE4... I'm back to good ol' EditPlus.

Bwongar.com wrote:

I don't like Java. I've already dumped my use of ZE4... I'm back to good ol' EditPlus.

lol that was fast.

Have you ever tried any of these?

Maguma Studio / Maguma Workbench

Active State Komodo 3.0.1

I like what Zend does as far as features, but I to don't like the GUI and it loads like crap.  I have been using homesite+ and homesite 5.5 but, I like the code completion feature in zend.  Call me lazy, but I can't tell you how many times my dyslexic fingers have misspelled a function, or variable.  wink  The code completion in homesite does not extend to PHP, at least I don't think it does. Syntax highlighting works fine, it just does not offer the same code completion features as it does with HTML.  If anyone knows of an extenstion for HS+ that allows for code completion in PHP.  Let me know.

Thanks.

Editplus is a winner under Windows. Cheap, fast, stable, and FTP editing cool

9 (edited by Meduza 2005-01-17 19:52)

Winsyntax 2.0 works fine for me wink

(of course with the php-module installed)