Topic: I can't log into my own forum as the administrator...

I  go to my forum and type in my username and password, but it doesn't log me in, so I send a new password to myself, and it says the password has expired.  Help please.  My forums are idlehope.com/forum

Re: I can't log into my own forum as the administrator...

Make sure there are no spaces or linebreaks after ?> in your config.php.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by albn 2005-01-13 07:52)

That is so strange. I thought PHP did not care about whitespace. Is it a bug in PHP itself?

BTW, I am learning a lot from your code.

GET ON THE TELEPHONE!!

well the whitespace means that it is sent to the browser, then when php tries to send headers it gets a bit upset

5 (edited by albn 2005-01-13 07:53)

So whitespaces are sent to the browser, and that's only after the ?> tag? That is strange big_smile

GET ON THE TELEPHONE!!

well its not really in between the <? and ?> tags php does the code outside is just plain html and is sent to the browser

This reminds me, I'm gonna remove the trailing ?> in config.php. It isn't required and lots of people have problems with it.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I think I will remove it as well. I have been studying the code, and I have a question regarding the p3p project. What's with IE6 and cookies? Has it always been that way, or only since SP2?

/me Googles

GET ON THE TELEPHONE!!

IE6 has always been that way.

I can't log in to my forums either, and I made sure there was nothing after the ?> in config.php.

Nevermind, I got it to work!