Topic: PunBB integration

Here we go: http://www.bakec.com/

The forum is kinda unmodified for now, I'm just building some pages (News, Members) by using the data provided by the forum database. Thanks for the great documentation, especially the part describing the DB tables big_smile

Re: PunBB integration

Nice! I love the goat smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yeh lol the transparency makes it kinda strange, but good strange

analogue wrote:

Here we go: http://www.bakec.com/

The forum is kinda unmodified for now, I'm just building some pages (News, Members) by using the data provided by the forum database. Thanks for the great documentation, especially the part describing the DB tables big_smile

Hello.
Write the code of,êàê to destroy information of  of forum on a site..
As you did on the site.
I want to pass on puBB but I have little information.
Now  at me am minibb
Site: of www.olan-tex.com.ua

5 (edited by analogue 2005-01-17 20:13)

Connorhd wrote:

yeh lol the transparency makes it kinda strange, but good strange

Are you using a decent browser ? (Firefox, Safari, ...) because I know there are issues with IE (surprise !)

oppo wrote:

Write the code of,êàê to destroy information of  of forum on a site..
As you did on the site.
I want to pass on puBB but I have little information.
Now  at me am minibb
Site: of www.olan-tex.com.ua

What do you mean ? I can't understand you, sorry sad

yeh FireFox i don't mean the transparency is funny i mean it makes the image look funny wink

smile Write the code such  using the data provided by the forum database ...
See left www.olan-tex.com.ua MARQUEE ..(it1s for forum miniBB)
I want used forum PunBB and I WANT to GUIDE INFORMATION out of forum on a site .
I am sorry for English th I live on ukrayne

Analogue, I looked at his post in Russian, he's basically asking how you made the forum info show on the front page. I assume you used Rickard's news plugin, correct? I'll let him know.

Potrokh wrote:

Analogue, I looked at his post in Russian, he's basically asking how you made the forum info show on the front page. I assume you used Rickard's news plugin, correct? I'll let him know.

Well no, I'm grabbing the data from the database itself using SQL, same goes for the users. I can give you the queries if you want, but they are specific to my forum (one forum category = news posts and one user group = the members listed)

Please, I would love to see it. I have some pretty specific needs for my future site and I really like punBB but I definitely need the ability to post comments to the news straight into the forum.

11 (edited by Jérémie 2005-01-18 04:54)

analogue wrote:

Are you using a decent browser ? (Firefox, Safari, ...) because I know there are issues with IE (surprise !)

Intéressante technique de fausse transparence, mais en effet même un IE récent n'aime pas (il n'aime pas la fixation de certains éléments si ma mémoire est bonne).

Si tu veux faire grosso modo le même effet mais qui marche partout, il faut utiliser dans tes div de news en background une image pour faire l'effet de transparence. Par exemple un png de 4 pixels, où le pixel en haut à gauche et en bas à droite est gris (et les deux autres transparents). Bien sur l'image-background est répétée sur toute la zone.

C'est plus lourd à afficher coté client par contre.

Cette teknik provient d'Eric Meyer ( http://www.meyerweb.com ) et depuis sa creation, d'autres sites ont crée des choses bien + interessantes pour simuler ca (en tout cas sous IE)

Looks great in Safari!

How did you do it (the stationary image with scrolling boxes I mean!).

Thx

Simple - through css. This sample from site:

body{
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
    color: #000000;
    background-color: #ffffff;
    background-image: url(fond-chevre.jpg);
    background-attachment: fixed;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-position: bottom left;
    font-size: 9pt;
    font-family: verdana, sans-serif;
}

Jérémie wrote:

Intéressante technique de fausse transparence, mais en effet même un IE récent n'aime pas (il n'aime pas la fixation de certains éléments si ma mémoire est bonne).

It's ugly but readable under IE: perfect cool

I'll bring you my SQL queries tonight, oppo.

analogue  wrote:

I'll bring you my SQL queries tonight

And me too. I wait with impatience.

17 (edited by analogue 2005-01-23 07:01)

Here we go, sorry about the delay wink :

SELECT t.id, t.subject, p.message, p.poster_id, p.poster, p.posted
FROM punbb_topics AS t, punbb_posts AS p
WHERE t.forum_id = 1
    AND t.id = p.topic_id
    AND t.posted = p.posted
ORDER BY t.posted DESC
LIMIT 5

- Replace the 1 in t.forum_id = 1 by the ID of the forum you are using for publishing the news displayed on the front page.
- LIMIT 5 is limiting the number of news to get to 5, increase, decrease or remove it as you like.

You then get a nice result set with:
- id: the ID of the post so you can link to it (for comments)
- subject: the title of the post
- poster_id: the ID of the author of the post, so you can link to his profile
- poster: the name of the author
- posted: the date of the post, use date() to format it.

I still miss the number of comments, shouldn't be hard to get, I'll update this post when I'll find some time to work on it cool

For the memberlist, it's even easier:

SELECT u.id, u.username, u.realname, u.url, u.jabber, u.icq, u.msn, u.aim, u.yahoo, u.use_avatar
FROM punbb_users as u
WHERE u.group_id=1
  OR u.group_id=2
  OR u.group_id=5
ORDER BY u.username ASC

The group_id WHERE clauses are the groups you want the users from. The result set is self_explanatory.

Check the PunBB Developer Information for information about the tables, it's easy as 1.2.3 cool

Thanks, Analogue!

Sweet.

Yours, Benny.