Topic: [Release] Easy Smilies

##
##
##        Mod title:  Easy Smiles
##
##      Mod version:  1.0.5
##   Works on PunBB:  1.2
##     Release date:  2005-01-28
##           Author:  Jon "Mako" Ursenbach (mako@medievalbattles.com)
##
##      Description:  Want an easier way to put smilies on your board?
##
##    Affected files:  include/parser.php
##            lang/YOURLANGUAGE/_easysmilies.php
##                    plugins/AP_EasySmiles.php
##
##       Affects DB:  Yes
##
##            Notes:  Adds smilies into the database, rather than into
##                    parser.php. In order use, follow instructions then go
##                    to your admin panel and use the Easy Smilies plugin.
##                    The instructions on there are pretty self-explanatory.
##            Read changelog.txt for information on version
##            changes of this mod.
##
##       DISCLAIMER:  Please note that "mods" are not officially supported by
##                    PunBB. Installation of this modification is done at your
##                    own risk. Backup your forum database and any and all
##                    applicable files before proceeding.
##
##

Download here

http://img148.exs.cx/img148/1262/smiley18vh.jpg

http://img148.exs.cx/img148/5244/smiley25qq.jpg

http://img152.exs.cx/img152/6859/smiley39zi.jpg

http://img152.exs.cx/img152/7490/smiley44xd.jpg

Changes from the previous version:

- Another problem with people not having REGISTER_GLOBALS has been fixed.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

2 (edited by Smartys 2005-01-20 01:54)

Re: [Release] Easy Smilies

Since, id is auto_increment, you don't need the id in the insert statement wink
And in install_mod.php the mod version is off (should be 1.0.2) and the release date has DD instead of the actual numerical day (doesn't really matter of course tongue)

Oh, got a feature suggestion: instead of having people take out the width and height tags, simply add the tags to the table and have parser get it from the table instead.
And in the plugin, also display a list of all the images and the stuff to display them, similar to help.php

Ah lol. Well I originally had it without the id there, but then I think somebody said it was giving them a parse error so I added it back in. And I'll fix up that other stuff with the next version, lol.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

im'a try this out the other version gave me an error msg when i tried adding smilies.. and every single mod i've tried to use has had me replace strings that I cant find, however; sometimes I can still figure it out.. but others errors galore.. neway, hope this one does the trick I want my kickass smilies back!

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to add smiley.

parser.php is bad or something because I cant load threads either, when I click on a thread it'll  say can't load smilies..

same problem/s I was having earlier..

Did you install the smilies table into the database?

hmm this isn't a plugin its a mod which has a plugin

what do you mean install smilies table into the database? I did what the readme said, I uploaded all my files into the /img/smiles or whatever was stated in readme, uploaded the plugin file, ran install_mod.php, and modded praser.php

Enable debug mode and paste the whole thing

Connorhd wrote:

hmm this isn't a plugin its a mod which has a plugin

What's the difference?

A plugin doesn't hack punBB (alter it's code) I think.

a plugin doesn't require any edits it just needs uploading then it works, i would suggest that this forum should be for plugins that don't require any installation and the mods forum is for all others

shmik wrote:

what do you mean install smilies table into the database? I did what the readme said, I uploaded all my files into the /img/smiles or whatever was stated in readme, uploaded the plugin file, ran install_mod.php, and modded praser.php

i did this aswell and it still dont work.
any suggestions mako?

I'll look into it tonight when I get home from work.

Moved to mod releases.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Alright cool. Thanks.

ttt any new info? things working now?  I  tried to run debug mode and all it did was give me the page that says config files is non existant or corrupt wutever use install.php  then when i take off debug and put the original common.php back it goes back to normal...

Had some problems making the initial table (had to hardcode in the table name, prefix wasn't working), found a little bug:

"smiley code" input box needs to have addslashes(); to it, smilies such as :\ hmm when added break it.

File: C:\root\include\parser.php
Line: 39

PunBB reported: Unable to retrieve smilies

Database reported: Table 'forum.smilies' doesn't exist (Errno: 1146)

Do I need to manually create this table?

I received this after I made the changes to parser.php and moved the plugin to the plugin folder and ran install_mod.php

If install_mod.php fails to create the table, then yes you need to create it yourself.

Sorry Mako, this mod's a bit too buggy with the db.

v1.0.3 will be out later today. I fixed up install_mod.php, added a few more fixes and am giving it the ability to delete smilies from the page itself (rather than manually in the database).

i've put the 1.0.3 post as the first post of this topic and removed the other one since its annoying to have multiple threads for one thing and i've removed the version number from the subject wink