Re: GMail

i know its SO annoying (sarcasm)

hcgtv wrote:

I know you can only view one account at a time, but having to sign on, sign out, sign back on again gets tiring.

Have you had any progress with that? It gets very annoying.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

just use one account wink

Rickard wrote:
hcgtv wrote:

I know you can only view one account at a time, but having to sign on, sign out, sign back on again gets tiring.

No, haven't find an answer to this. But I'm still looking around.

130 (edited by Falconey 2004-09-16 21:02)

How about using the GTray 3 beta version

First add one account, after clicking OK go to the settings screen, check out the accounts tab smile

Thanks for the link, it took me to: http://www.dynadvance.com/

Not quite what I was looking for though. I don't want an app that check my gmail accounts, I just want a way of linking to the different accounts directly so that I don't have to login/logout all the time.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

ill use it, it looks cool.

im out of invites sad

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Sander D. wrote:

Damn.

(I hate that blue bar with 'You have 6 Gamil invitations.'!)

You can send your GMail invitations to one of the Firefox promotions called 'The GMail Project' at this link.

http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=blog/8

A worthy cause if you ask me.

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

Todd: Just sent off my last three invites to the firefox gmail thingy.

There's another "gmailomatic" here.

gmailomatic wrote:

Currently, we have 18 invites available to share. Thanks to the generosity of folks like you, we've distributed 19,455 invites since this page went up on Sep 13, 2004.

wow... great site... too bad everything it has (besides the gmail) is totaly useless.

how do you find out if gmail invites have been used? via code, not clicking on it and checking..

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

I have 6 gmail accounts available. If you want one please let me know..

I'm amazed at how cool Gmail is. I now use it for my main 7-years-spammed mail address, and the day I joined, the antispam was right for about 90% of the mails.

And I'm not even talking about the free POP/SMTP servers.

one of the best things about google (although everything it does is cool) is the fact that its webmail thats fast

I have 4 invites. Email me if you want them - admin at bwongar dot com

I took one, thanks Bwongar.com smile

hmm... saw that gmail has pop and smtp, anyone tried it with PunBB (to send passwords, subscriptions etc)?

Frank H wrote:

hmm... saw that gmail has pop and smtp, anyone tried it with PunBB (to send passwords, subscriptions etc)?

I use it as a regular pop account, all my subscriptions, memberships, etc. use my gmail account.

Just set the smtp server for the Gmail pop account and you have a record at Gmail of all your sent mail.

Speaking of Gmail. Here are some cool tips:

http://www.zefhemel.com/archives/2005/01/09/gmail-tips

I especially like address categories.

Excellent tips!

I still have one more invite...

I tried many times to open a GMAIL Account. but its not allowing to sign up new user.

Is anyone have any other site or solution smile

Like to have one.. for me...

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

You have to be invited. Send me an email and I'll get you an invite.

148 (edited by Frank H 2005-01-21 13:10)

Well to 'repay' the invite, I've now got a couple of invites if someone want a gmail account ... email me(use the form under my avatar) with your current email addy and I'll invite you ... (unless I run out of invites) wink

(clever marketing scheme from google's side wink)

You can mail me (sander.dijkhuis@gmail.com) too for an invite.

hcgtv wrote:
Rickard wrote:
hcgtv wrote:

No, haven't find an answer to this. But I'm still looking around.

If you just want to check them to see if you have new mail. You could set yourself up a little script to do it. You can get a atom feed of your inbox, use some to make it look pritty. Get it to loog in to both your aconuts together. You only get the first 250 chars so you would have to log in to see the full messages tho.
I made one so I can check mine at school can be found here it only shows you if you have new messages otherwise it is blank

Eddie