Re: [Release] Easy Smilies

Alright thanks.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

27 (edited by mark36ph 2005-01-29 13:52)

i have installed this mod and works fine except one majour thing.
when i add a new smily, i put :*( (without the star) and it turns it into a smile hmm
any 1 else having this problem?

any differernt smilies i try to add, they all come out as smile
its very confusing for me.

1. Get a screenshot so I can see this myself.

2. Are you using the same image filename for each smiley?

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

29 (edited by mark36ph 2005-01-29 18:19)

http://www.marks-random-site.net/screen.jpg

i am using different names yeah

It looks fine to me (code-wise). The problem is that you are attributing the wrong image filenames to the wrong smiley code.

what do you mean?

32 (edited by Mako 2005-01-30 01:46)

Like when you enter in ":*(" (minus the star), you should enter in like "frownsmiley.png" as the image. That way when you type sad in a post, it shows frownsmiley.png in place of it.

I have a pack of about 210 smilies that I could give out if anybody wants it. All you would have to do (until I make an import feature to the mod) would be to upload the .sql file to your database, and then upload the smilies into your smiley folder.

33 (edited by mark36ph 2005-01-30 02:16)

ok it still will not work properly for me, will you join my test forum and ill let you try it on mine.
edit - web address removed

34 (edited by Mako 2005-01-30 01:51)

Can you make me an admin on your forum so I can see the Easy Smilies page for myself? You can remove my admin powers when the issue is resolved.

And what are the names of all the smiley images you have on the server?

ok i am havin a bit of trouble with that forum atm, i will fix it and will make u admin asap

Alright. I'll keep refreshing your forum page until then until I see Administration at the top, lol.

i have resolved this problem, i reinstalled the mod and it seems to be working fine.

38 (edited by Mako 2005-01-30 02:08)

Ah yeah I see. Awesome. Glad it's fixed.

Thanks for using my mod.

EDIT: You can delete my user account on that forum.

ok, it is only a test forum any way.

Mako wrote:

I have a pack of about 210 smilies that I could give out if anybody wants it. All you would have to do (until I make an import feature to the mod) would be to upload the .sql file to your database, and then upload the smilies into your smiley folder.

I wouldn't mind getting ahold of this. smile

Alright, when I come back from vacation I'll release it with the mod or something. Or release it as an add-on for the mod. Whichever I decide upon. Check back in this thread for more info.

i have this error on deleting smilies :

Notice: Undefined variable: toremove in /www/punbb/plugins/AP_EasySmiles.php on line 15
Info

You did not enter a smiley to be deleted.

Greg Serveur : www.gregserveur.com

That would only appear if $toremove has not been defined. And if it has not been defined, then you probably did not enter a smiley to be deleted.

i have 2 smilies inserted..

i have the same problem

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

This only happen when deleting smilies?

yes

I'm stumped. Anybody have an idea as to what is causing this?

49 (edited by Smartys 2005-02-16 00:49)

Change

if (!$toremove)

to

if (!$_POST['toremove'])

The other code only works if you have REGISTER_GLOBALS on tongue

lol thanks.

v1.0.4: Download Here