Topic: upgrade from 1.2 - 1.2.1 problem

Error  message below occurred when I attempted to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.2.1. Any suggestions?

Database reported: Duplicate entry '' for key 1 (Errno: 1062)

Re: upgrade from 1.2 - 1.2.1 problem

Where did you get that error message? When running the upgrade script? What was the full error message?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I am getting the following error when I run 12_to_121_update.php update. I am using SQL version 3.23.48. Any suggestions to correct this problem?

I tried again this morning and received the following:

File: /nfs/cust/6/44/97/579446/web/IDRSBBS/12_to_121_update.php
Line: 120

PunBB reported: Unable to alter DB structure.

Database reported: Duplicate entry 'o_additional_navlinks' for key 1 (Errno: 1062)

Well, the error message means that you have already run the upgrade script. Why run it again?

Also, why post about it in two topics AND e-mail me? Ask nicely in one topic and you'll get help.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thank you and my sincere apologies. I am a newbie to this. I received the identical error message when I first ran the script. I downloaded and installed the PunBBs for the first time on 3 February. I checked to see the update, and the program indicated that there is an update available . Could I possibly be running 1.2.1? The admin page still indicates that I am running 1.2.

Yes, you could very well be running 1.2.1 already. Have a look at admin/options. Is there a field called "Additional menu items"? If there is, you're running 1.2.1. In that case, read this post: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=33493#p33493

Bingo! I am running 1.2.1. Thank you very much.