1 (edited by jacobswell 2004-07-13 14:30)

Topic: Wiki Document System plugin

Wiki Document System plugin version 0.0.1

Timeline, MacroIndex is not finished.
only one macro is working : showActivePages

test it at http://jacobswell.nared.net/punbb/wiki.php

http://jacobswell.nared.net/upload/wikids.zip

study the code for I'm not a good explainer. in fact the code is not compacted. so it does not look nice.

How to install Wiki Document System plugin version 0.0.1

================================================
= locate following files into 'include' folder =
copy wikids folder and all the files in it into include folder

= locate following files into 'lang/en' folder =
en_wikids.php

= locate following files into your site folder =

wiki.php
install_wikids.php

========================
= add to en_common.php =
========================

'Documents'=>'Documents',

=====================================================
= open include/functions.php & edit like the following code =
=====================================================

//
// Generate the "navigator" that appears at the top of every page
//
function generate_navlinks()
{
    global $pun_config, $lang_common, $cookie, $cur_user;

// Home and Userlist should always be displayed
    $links[] = '<a href="index.php">'.$lang_common['Home'].'</a>';
    if (isset($pun_config['o_wiki_plugin']) && $pun_config['o_wiki_plugin'] == '1')
        $links[] = '<a href="wiki.php">'.$lang_common['Documents'].'</a>';
    $links[] = '<a href="userlist.php">'.$lang_common['User list'].'</a>';

= execute install_wikids.php & delete the file =

=====================
= admin_options.php =
=====================
1. find
                    <tr>
                        <td class="punright" style="width: 35%"><b>GZip output</b><br>If enabled, PunBB will gzip the output sent to browsers. This will reduce bandwidth usage, but use a little more CPU. This feature requires that PHP is configured with zlib (--with-zlib). Note: If you already have the Apache module mod_gzip set up to compress PHP scripts, you should disable this feature.</td>
                        <td style="width: 65%"><input type="radio" class="puninput" name="form[gzip]" value="1"<?php if ($pun_config['o_gzip'] == '1') echo ' checked' ?>> Yes   <input type="radio" class="puninput" name="form[gzip]" value="0"<?php if ($pun_config['o_gzip'] == '0') echo ' checked' ?>> No</td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
            </td>
        </tr>

2. insert after

<tr>
            <td class="puncon1right" style="width: 140px; white-space: nowrap">Plugin  </td>
            <td class="puncon2">
                <table class="punplain" cellpadding="6">
                    <tr>
                        <td class="punright" style="width: 35%"><b>Wiki Document System</b><br>Enable if you want to use Wiki Document System.</td>
                        <td style="width: 65%"><input type="radio" class="puninput" name="form[wiki_plugin]" value="1"<?php if ($pun_config['o_wiki_plugin'] == '1') echo ' checked' ?>> Yes   <input type="radio" class="puninput" name="form[wiki_plugin]" value="0"<?php if ($pun_config['o_wiki_plugin'] == '0') echo ' checked' ?>> No</td>
                    </tr>
                </table>
            </td>
        </tr>

Re: Wiki Document System plugin

Cool! What kind of wiki system is it? Is it your own?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by jacobswell 2004-07-13 14:04)

Yeah. My own effort and your code. so wanna give you thanks.

I cannot tell what kind of. because of my short english. I just made for my own use and my church homepage.

a bug found in functions.php. so anyone who downloaded my code, download again please.

5 (edited by bobitt 2004-07-28 19:11)

ehm... which versions are supported? i only get an error message saying:Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in install_wikids.php on line 192

when i run the install_wikids.php file... i have version 1.1.4

EDIT: I tried installing 1.1.5 and the same message still appeared... whats wrong?

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation - Oscar Wilde

6 (edited by jacobswell 2004-07-29 04:17)

eeeeh. sorry there are some bugs in it. sooner or later I will upload new version again.

anyway thanks.

Edit : I've uploaded a patched file. please download again.

7 (edited by bobitt 2004-07-29 15:25)

Ok thx ill try again tonight big_smile

It works now, but i get a few errors in the "post" part of it.. it seems like you need a BBcode mod of some kind for it to work right... perhaps the one that makes buttons out of the BBcodes?

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation - Oscar Wilde

MAN! i like this system.. cant you post the newer version (saw on site that it had been updated) with permission settings working?

Id be much pleased

9 (edited by jacobswell 2004-08-19 14:46)

bobitt wrote:

MAN! i like this system.. cant you post the newer version (saw on site that it had been updated) with permission settings working?

Id be much pleased

I've uploaded the newer file. please download again. and I'm sorry for being late for development of my mod. I'm not a programmer nor the designer. I'm a mechanical engineer. so I'm limited in time. in Korea we have to work from monday to saturday. anyway thanks for loving my mod.

EDIT: Just overwrite the old files.

Small bug:

An error was encountered

File: /var/www/html/forum/install_wikids.php
Line: 194

PunBB reported: Unable to create table wikids_timeline.
Database reported: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ANUTO_INCREMENT NOT NULL, page_id INT(10) UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL, post_id' at line 2 (Errno: 1064)

Think you should change 'ANUTO_INCREMENT' to 'AUTO_INCREMENT'.

Thanks for the script! Haven't used it yet, but it looks great.

thnaks, Sander D.

Great mod! Thanks Jacobswell! Now I am customising it to be a on-line guide of Bulgaria created by the internauts www.bulgaricus.com/forum/wiki.php

Anyway I have got some problems and questions:
1. How I can change the name of "FrontPage", "PageIndex", etc.? I tried to do it in the database but it didn't worked sad
2. What is the idea of timeline, macro an plugin?
3. Search is not working for keywords in the tekst.
4. I there any possibility to group the categories separately in the PageIndex?
5. Permissions - is it possible that changes made by users will be first viewed and accepted by the admin/moderators?

13 (edited by bubach 2005-02-07 10:34)

Is it possible to search the Wiki content with the normal punBB search.php?

I cant test the demo, your forum get

There is no valid language pack '' installed. Plese install a valid one and try again!.
If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

Edward wrote:

Great mod! Thanks Jacobswell! Now I am customising it to be a on-line guide of Bulgaria created by the internauts www.bulgaricus.com/forum/wiki.php

Anyway I have got some problems and questions:
1. How I can change the name of "FrontPage", "PageIndex", etc.? I tried to do it in the database but it didn't worked sad
2. What is the idea of timeline, macro an plugin?
4. I there any possibility to group the categories separately in the PageIndex?
5. Permissions - is it possible that changes made by users will be first viewed and accepted by the admin/moderators?

1. change the language file ie. en_wiki.php in the lang folder.
2. timeline is showing what happened in history. macro is like short link. but sorry I have no time to make coding.
3. what is "tekst"? you mean "text"? searching text keyword is possible, I think.
4. that's a good idea. but you can arrange pages with categories.
5. yes but as I said I have no time. soorrrrrry.

bubach wrote:

Is it possible to search the Wiki content with the normal punBB search.php?

nop. may have to make new one.

zaher wrote:

I cant test the demo, your forum get

There is no valid language pack '' installed. Plese install a valid one and try again!.

what langpack do you use? I have made only english and korean. and I uploaded english langpack.

18 (edited by zaher 2005-02-08 07:05)

In IE it is work, in Firefox give me that error above, i think it is a cookie problem, i tried to delete it, but i can find any cookie named as your site, did you have auto detect language?.

EDIT: What is wiki, what for is usfull?

If your people come crazy, you will not need to your mind any more.

I have translated the mod to polish and I have uploaded pl_wiki.php. In the configuration of my PunBB forum I have a polish language pack "pl".

Wiki is acting similarly as Wikipedia. In my site I will use it as an online guide created by the internauts. The internauts will add thier descriptions of places in Bulgaria and each one will be able to add some information from himself.

jacobswell wrote:
Edward wrote:

1. change the language file ie. en_wiki.php in the lang folder.

It does not work. In pl_wikids.php I have got:
'FrontPage' => 'Informacje',
but on http://www.bulgaricus.com/forum/wiki.php it is still FrontPage.

jacobswell wrote:
Edward wrote:

3. what is "tekst"? you mean "text"? searching text keyword is possible, I think.

Yes, it is possible, there is such option, but it is not working. When I try to find any word from the text, which I know exists, it is not found.

I have got a problem with the (error) messages in this mod. For example when a guest tries to create a page http://www.bulgaricus.com/forum/wiki.ph … CreatePage (in the config it is that only users can create pages) instead of getting a message, he gets a blank screen?

Any ideas what can be the reason?

I will probably upgrade soon from 1.1.5 to 1.2.1. Will Wiki work with 1.2.1?

Edward wrote:

Will Wiki work with 1.2.1?

out of the box I have not been able to get it to work with 1.2.x
Although, if I knew what I was doing, I would probably be able to sus out the errors I am getting, but my php skills are not that good.
My progress so far trying to install on 1.2.x
installation went well (this is just a guess becuase when I call the wiki page I get an error)
Most of the menus and options show up, not exactly like you would expect, this I assume is becuase of the layout changes from 1.1.5 to 1.2.x.  But more or less they seem to be where the should.  There are a few slight modifications that needs to be made is in the admin_options.php options changes so it will layout properly  (just update the html and remove the table and a couple of the td and tr until it looks right.)

The error I get when I try and call wiki.php is

The constant PUN_ROOT must be defined and point to a valid PunBB installation root directory.

I looked at the page, and it seems to me that it is pointing in the right direction, I am assuming the error is becuase of the differences between 1.1.5 and 1.2.x
I noticed that the syntax looks a little different between the two, I dont know how to sort it out though. 

cant wait for an update to 1.2.x or someone with a clue to give me a hand. 

This is a fantastic addon and I would really like to put it to use.

Aaron

Aaron - I totally agree. This would be fantastic to use with 1.2.*.
The contant variable in the wiki.php might be a different hook than the 1.2 sytem uses. Check the file for that variable.
Then, check other core pages in punBB for what that could be.

Sorry, I can't help more. I is in a hurry and am not willing to install it on my own forum unless I'm positive that it will work.