1 (edited by herya 2005-02-09 14:28)

Topic: Maintenance login script not working

My bf logged me out when in maintenance mode (grr), I tried the script that is supposed to fix it but it's not working, I still see maintenance screen - what else can I do?

Is there any on/off option in forum database, how to access it with PHPmyAdmin?

Thank you!

Re: Maintenance login script not working

you will need to edit the maintenance mode on setting to 0 in the config table then delete your cache files in the cache folder

Thank you VERY much indeed!

Hmm. The script turn_off_maintenance_mode.php should clear the cache.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by herya 2005-02-09 23:52)

It did not work - maybe because I took v1.2 script and my forum was earlier version?

Well, yes. You must of course use the version of the script that matches your forum.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

So I thought, but I had difficulty finding which version I have when forum was not accessible due to logout. Anyway database solution worked great.

for future reference http://punbb.org/download/museum/

I hope I'm just being an idiot here, but I can't bring my forums out of maintenence mode either. Here is what I did:

1. Move the 1.1.5 forums to a new location
2. Move the 1.2.1 forums to the /forums/ location
3. Run the upgrade to 1.2 and upgrade to 1.2.1 scripts
4. Note that I am somehow logged out and now see the 'Maintenence Mode' message
5. Run the 'turn_off_maintenance_mode.php' script included in 1.2.1, I never see anything but the maintenance message.

I have manually edited the o_maintenance value to 0 in the config table, it does not appear to have had any effect.

Anyone have any ideas?

Ahh, deleting the cached config settings fixed everything right up.

I'm curious, has anyone other than me been able to use turn_off_maintenance_mode.php successfully? It appears people are having problems with it all the time.

12 (edited by Smartys 2005-02-13 22:35)

I'll test it now...

Very odd. When I loaded the script it gave me the "You are in maintenence mode" message tongue
adding the line:

define('PUN_TURN_OFF_MAINT', 1);

fixed it, and the forum worked fine after I used it