Topic: upgrading to 1.2.1
Just wanting to let you know debateroom.com is finally also going to upgrade to 1.2.1 next week!! Rickard and his team have done a great job on developing 1.2 and the new mods. So we gonna try it out!
Since Iam not experienced with php and upgrading forums, Im a little anxious to upgrade. Step 2 about deleting everything seems quite harsh lol. I have read the install and faq a few times now, seems to be a few easy steps, clean and simple. The main thing is to make a back up of the database and FTP files, if anything might go wrong. I think (if everything goes well) we can upgrade from 1.1.5. to 1.2.1. with a downtime of about 15 to 30 minutes. First to 1.2.0 and inmediately afterwards to 1.2.1.
But I want all our users to know how and what, so would you correct me if Im wrong here?
1. Only the forum on our homepage will be down during upgrade, the searchengines will be up and running.
2. All current installed mods, styles and additions will be burried alive while upgrading.
3. After upgrade we have a fresh 'basic' punbb 1.2.1. without mods, with all included new features and styles.
4. All current posts and users are saved and transported to the new forum.
5. If anything goes wrong I can put everythin back to 1.1.5 by just uploading the old ftp files and upload the old database with PHPMyAdmin.
Thx for your reply!