Topic: [Release] Global Topic

Allows you to create the same topic in multiple forums (for rules annoucments etc)

the usual, any comments, suggestions here wink

Update: added management functions

Download

Re: [Release] Global Topic

ooo this looks good!

Ill try it now smile

GREAT!!!  NICE PLUGIN!

A++++++++++++++++++

you should add global editor

Simply Great smile but a global editor would be, indeed, nice.

how would that work? unless i make it look for topics with the same title/timestamp i guess

you could have it save your global messages that you write

just a suggestion for what u said

Yes...Ditto...

Ok, installed and used - Nice.

However, I then had to proceed to go and lock every single post seperately. That was a little annoying. I thought it would only create one post, just display it in all the forums. But, it was really creating copies.

Now, what will happen when responses are made to a global topic? Won't it only show in one copy?

So, this isn't so much a "Global Topic" mod as it is a "Global Topic Copy" mod.

Well, to make it a "global topic" plugin would require PunBB to be modded: there's no way for there to be a global topic currently tongue
This way, it's only an admin plugin

Well, that's what I meant. *l*
Sorry 'bout that.

i'll think about adding a close yes/no like the sticky

12 (edited by erissiva 2005-02-24 17:42)

That would be nice.

*l*
I laugh because the one thing I would use it for (posting a global set of posting guidelines) I've already done.

Edit: Oh, wait...I didn't realize that I could narrow down the forums I can post this too. yikes Wheee!!!

ok i've been having a little mess with this and heres what i've got (very very messy atm)
http://mypunbb.com/files/manage_global.png
basically, it lists all the global topics and under each it lists the topics that it contains so you can get to them separately (i'll probably add a forum column) then on each global topics header you can perform operations on all topics it contains, including delete, edit etc (when i have finished)

and it does all this without any other modifications

edit: updated it looks ALOT better now, just need to make the buttons work

wow that sounds really good

the new management feature is adding, to upgrade you just overwrite you old plugin and it will detect all topics created by the plugin

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to get topics.

Connorhd wrote:

the new management feature is adding, to upgrade you just overwrite you old plugin and it will detect all topics created by the plugin

humm have you uploaded the modifyed plugin it does not seem to have change anything

yeh its version 1.1 (open up the file and look at the top it should have define('PLUGIN_VERSION',1.1); ) if you have the latest version

oh ok i see my bad i did not understood well at first what were the modification you had made so yes i have the good one

I'm new to installing plugins to my PunBB forum, so here comes a newbie-question.

How do I install/use this plugin?

I have downloaded the AMP_Global_topic.zip file and have unpacked it. Since it contains no readme and this forum topic didnt explain how to install I have no idea.

Another question is what this plugin affects? Database? Any other files in forum? Good to know.

Thanks in advance.

Pain can be pleasure if it's done right!

Like all plugins, it's a simple "upload to the plugins directory" type install smile
And plugins by their very nature affect nothing just by putting them into the directory, and there's no installation.
All it does is what it says it does smile

Ok, thank you very much, as I said, it was really a newbie question wink

Pain can be pleasure if it's done right!

This is one of the thing I have tried to get!
Great! ^_^

-AssD-

I think this release needs to be updated!

When i createt my global sticky, i did it just to test it. Then i remove it, then i noticed that "Last post" was still the global topic. Even after i deletet it.

check it out http://uabyggarna.com/forum/index.php

Don't know if this info is of any use to anyone, but the problem where it doesn't list global topics, (Error: Unable to get topics.), from a pgsql databse can be sorted by altering the following line in the plugin, (line 238, I believe) to the one posted  below it.

Original line:

//Find topics with the same subject and posted time (chances are they were made by this plugin)
$resultg = $db->query('SELECT * FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics GROUP BY subject, posted HAVING count( id ) >1') or error('Unable to fetch topic list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

New line to replace it:

//Find topics with the same subject and posted time (chances are they were made by this plugin)
$resultg = $db->query('SELECT subject, posted FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics GROUP BY subject, posted HAVING count (posted) >1') or error('Unable to fetch topic list', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

Matt