Topic: would love to replace fudforum

hi all,

current solution:  fudforum <-> mailman <-> inn

preferred solution:  punbb <-> mailman <-> inn

any chance punbb will ever get hooks that allow for the receiving of posts from a mailing list and adding them to a forum, and sending new forum posts to a mailing list?

thanks for punbb,
david

Re: would love to replace fudforum

Not unless it's as a mod smile

is it possible to accomplish this via a mod?

4 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2005-02-11 18:01)

Smartys wrote:

Not unless it's as a mod smile

i think what Smartys meant is that the only way this will happen is if you mod punbb to accept the mailing list posts. as far as it being done already, i personally haven't seen it done but that doesn't mean it hasn't been done.

besonen wrote:

is it possible to accomplish this via a mod?

most likely yes. someone with more coding knowledge than i will have to answer you for certain tho.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

The answer is http://www.mail2forum.com/ so the work is already done. Someone (smarter than me) just have to adapt M2F to PunBB (it is already working with phpBB2).

Paul

paul14 wrote:

Someone (smarter than me) just have to adapt M2F to PunBB (it is already working with phpBB2).

Considering the fact that it apparently is quite to just install the mod to PhpBB I'd guess that it's even harder to integrate into PunBB.
Otherwise I'd give it a try, since it seams like the users of the forum I'm setting  want that functionality. (sadly that means I'll have to go fpr PhpBB for the time being, the good part is that it maybe will motivate me to actually try to integrate M2F into PunBB)

7 (edited by paul14 2005-02-24 19:03)

Jonex wrote:

(sadly that means I'll have to go fpr PhpBB for the time being, the good part is that it maybe will motivate me to actually try to integrate M2F into PunBB)

Same for me, I am waiting for the adaptation of M2F to PunBB before I migrate my phpBB2 to PunBB :-(

OK, let's be positive, I promise I will make a donation to PunBB as soon as someone (maybe you) adapt M2F to PunBB and of course it needs to work on my forums (and I am not a programer). Maybe it will help you to be motivated.

It's a deal?

Hi,

i think that this is what you are looking for.

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8159

Regards,
D.