Topic: Post impossible. How can i correct it ?

Hello,

Is anybody knows this kind of error ?

Post impossible. It says you've got to wait 0 second before posting a new message. Try it later.

"Au moins 0 secondes doivent s'écouler entre 2 messages. Réessayez plus tard."

I don't know how i can repair it for one of my member. Impossible to post new one. 

Thank you for your help.

Yann

Re: Post impossible. How can i correct it ?

check that post new message is set to something like 60 in admin options?

Flood=60 I try it but it only change the number of second 0 to 60 !

Now it says you've got to wait 60 seconds before posting a new message

If you look at your profile, when does it say your last post was made? Was it perhaps in the future? smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by yannlog2 2005-02-23 20:00)

Exactly, last message is 2005-02-24 so i think i have to change the date in the database.

How can i do this change please ?

Is it a normal or is it a bug ?

Thank you

Yann

It's not normal, but I don't think it's a bug either. My best bet is that the clock on your server was off.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thank you Rickard, i find the solution.
In the Punbb_USers table, in the selected user who make this error, i give to the column LAST_POST the value NULL and it works fine.

Yann

8 (edited by Jasoco 2006-02-23 04:56)

Hello. I just had this same problem a few minutes ago and that solution also worked for me. But I am wondering, is this a server problem? Or a punBB problem? And would there be a way to hack punBB to know when this is happening? I had a user email me a few weeks ago with this same problem but it was during work so I didn't get the email until I got home at which point it had fixed itself and the user was back to posting again. But this time I was home when it happened. So it's even more annoying that it was a real problem and not a fluke.

BTW, the error started coming up after my host or server (Where the site is hosted) went down for a few minutes. Could that be related?

I just want to fix this as soon as possible. Because I can't tell how often this is gonna be happening.

Edit: By the way again, my server is off by 10 hours (Behind. It says 1:56PM now when it's really 11:56PM.) I'm Eastern. The server is Eastern and my timezone is set to -5 Hours (EST).

It's a server issue, should only happen if the server clock is messed with.