Re: Split topics

can some one upgrade this to version 1.2 of punbb, cuz i kinda want it.

Mmm, I have 2 weeks off starting this Friday, so I'll see if I can get something working then smile

kick ass, thanx

29 (edited by Smartys 2005-03-16 00:57)

That actually took very little work to mod so as to work alright. Now I just have to fix a couple SQL errors that can be caused and change the layout over to 1.2.3 style (which I might have trouble with tongue)

So if someone can re-do the markup for me and save me the trouble, that would be super *hint hint* tongue

30 (edited by Smartys 2005-03-18 17:05)

Damn, in fixing the SQL errors I mess up the already working code it seems tongue

Mmm, silly me, trying to make the posts array an intval smile
With crappy looking (and probably invalid) markup, it's ready for beta! Now to find someplace to upload it!

http://www21.brinkster.com/keyrex1/Spli … 1_beta.zip

Have fun (remember, it's a beta, so don't use it in a production environment and report all bugs to me)
Oh, and to download it, right click and choose Save Target as

31 (edited by GUI 2005-03-19 07:14)

Durn, why didn't I see this before I embarked on my own topic splitter/merger mod tonight? Nothing like duplicating efforts.

In any case, I built mine from scratch for 1.2, so, well, that might save you work from finishing out your version of this. Or you might take one look at mine, and declare it utter crap. tongue Mine also does merging, which may not be desired, and I'm still trying to nail down a few of the nastier sides of merging. I'm not quite ready to package it up, but I can probably release it in the next few days. In the mean time, the moderators at our forum are beta testing it on our production forums. Yeah, I like to live on the wild side. wink

Hard work may not kill you, but why take chances?

lol
I'm only doing this because no one else wanted to, and all mine is is a patch to the old one so it works for the new tongue
So, since yours works for 1.2 and has merging, I think I'll let you come up with the new mod and spend my vacation elsewhere tongue

Well, in any case, sorry to step on your toes. I'll try to get something out in the next few days.

Hard work may not kill you, but why take chances?

Hi,

Do we have a working mod of this for 1.2.5?

Thanks.

hcgtv wrote:

Hi,

Do we have a working mod of this for 1.2.5?

Thanks.

In the same style

Ju, I'll give it a try, thanks.

Chacmool wrote:

Lorax (among others) requested a "split topic"-function. I think it's a good idea, and I had nothing to do, so I started making the mod.

lorax wrote:

Well perhaps moving a post to an existing thread isn't all that necessary. It really is more likely that a post will need a thread of it's own. Personally, that would be fine with me if that's all I had for an options and that would resolve the issue.

I've looked at it, and implemented it as Connorhd suggested:

Connorhd wrote:

e.g. if you are a moderator(or admin) you can press moderate topic at the bottom and a checkbox appears next to each post you can then check the posts you want to move to a new topic or delete them. that way you only choose the offtopic posts you could also have move all topics after the first seletected post to a new topic

Screenshots:
http://www.etek.chalmers.se/~e0mool/pun … derate.png
http://www.etek.chalmers.se/~e0mool/pun … icInfo.png

Download and try it out >>>here<<<.

Is there an updated version of this mod? It is a very useful and simple mod.

I tried the other mod and it doesn't work well for me.