Re: Easy Poll - 1.1.3

question

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\proaudio_punbb\viewpoll.php on line 257
yes 100% - 1

Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\proaudio_punbb\viewpoll.php on line 266
no 0

Wow!!! Works like a charm.

Thanks Mediator

Viewtopic offset bug SHOULD be fixed as of 1.0.4 - reported by zonksso
Viewtopic closed bug fixed as of 1.0.4 - reported by Connorhd

I enjoy pie :)

smile
OK

1.0.4 doesn't work correct.

i had

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\proaudio_punbb\vote.php on line 108

line 108:   $votes[$myvote]++;

sad

31 (edited by gezz 2005-03-21 20:24)

Connorhd: Im pretty selective when it comes to installing mods and I know that you maintain your mods and fix any problems that occur as soon as you can. I just dont know the 'Easy Poll' mod creator will be the same way so Im a little hesitant to install this mod. Please continue your work on punpoll so that I can be reasured with a relighable mod or at very least merge your two designs so that you can develop Easy Poll aswell this would make the amount of work a lot easier.

-gezz

gezz: don't worry i've been talking to Mediator on IRC and hes working on adding anything i thought was missing that was included in PunPoll and hes doing a great job

on a side note, the beta version of my poll mod has some major problems some of them are my fault and some have been carried on from the 1.1.x version which didn't get noticed

Connorhd wrote:

gezz: don't worry i've been talking to Mediator on IRC and hes working on adding anything i thought was missing that was included in PunPoll and hes doing a great job

on a side note, the beta version of my poll mod has some major problems some of them are my fault and some have been carried on from the 1.1.x version which didn't get noticed

oh yeah shit i have added it back to my forum any idea on what are the problem ...

well i don't think the problems are a threat to your forum, just multivotes are messed up, polls get left in the db when topics are deleted, its probably best that you use this poll mod once its a bit more stable

vote.php array index bug SHOULD be fixed as of 1.0.5 - reported by zoksso

I do appologize for all the bugs that were released in this mod and in peticular the announcement mod too. It was a mistake releasing them so close together and this mod was written with different error checking than the regular punbb base install which caused me to miss a lot of things. Hopefully this will be the last update for a while.

36 (edited by zoksso 2005-03-21 22:03)

easy poll 1.0.5 works correct
smile

I installed 1.0.5 and It's working just fine.

However, there is a conflict with Mark_As_Read v.1.1 that I don't understand.

Easy Poll 1.0.5 asks to do this in viewforum.php:

#
#---------[ 13. FIND (line:155) ]---------------------------------------------------
#

if ($cur_topic['moved_to'] != 0)
            $subject = $lang_forum['Moved'].': <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['moved_to'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
        else if ($cur_topic['closed'] == '0')
            $subject = '<a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
        else
        {
            $subject = '<a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
            $icon_text = $lang_common['Closed icon'];
            $item_status = 'iclosed';
        }

if (!$pun_user['is_guest'] && $cur_topic['last_post'] > $pun_user['last_visit'] && $cur_topic['moved_to'] == null)
        {
            $icon_text .= ' '.$lang_common['New icon'];
            $item_status .= ' inew';
            $icon_type = 'icon inew';
            $subject = '<strong>'.$subject.'</strong>';
            $subject_new_posts = '<span class="newtext">[ <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'&action=new" title="'.$lang_common['New posts info'].'">'.$lang_common['New posts'].'</a> ]</span>';
        }
        else
            $subject_new_posts = null;

// Should we display the dot or not? :)
        if (!$pun_user['is_guest'] && $pun_config['o_show_dot'] == '1')
        {
            if ($cur_topic['has_posted'] == $pun_user['id'])
                $subject = '<strong>·</strong> '.$subject;
            else
                $subject = '  '.$subject;
        }

#
#---------[ 14. REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------------
#

if ($cur_topic['question'] != '') {
            if ($pun_config['o_censoring'] == '1')
                $cur_topic['question'] = censor_words($cur_topic['question']);

$subject = $lang_forum['Moved'].': '.$lang_polls['Poll'].': <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['moved_to'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['question']).'</a><br /> <span class="byuser"><b>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</b> '.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
                $subject = $lang_polls['Poll'].': <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['question']).'</a><br \> <span class="byuser"><b>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</b> '.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
            else
            {
                $subject = $lang_polls['Poll'].': <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['question']).'</a><br /> <span class="byuser"><b>'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</b> '.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
            }

if (!$pun_user['is_guest'] && $cur_topic['last_post'] > $pun_user['last_visit'] && $cur_topic['moved_to'] == null)
            {
                $item_status .= ' inew';

$subject_new_posts = '<span class="newtext">[ <a href="viewpoll.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'&action=new" title="'.$lang_common['New posts info'].'">'.$lang_common['New posts'].'</a> ]</span>';
            }
            else

{
                else
            }
        } else {
                $subject = $lang_forum['Moved'].': <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['moved_to'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';
            else
            {

}

{
                $item_status .= ' inew';

$subject_new_posts = '<span class="newtext">[ <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'&action=new" title="'.$lang_common['New posts info'].'">'.$lang_common['New posts'].'</a> ]</span>';
            }
            else

{
                else
            }
        }

In Mark_As_Read 1.1(2) asks to do this in viewforum.php:

From around line 171

Find:

Replace with:

// MOD: MARK TOPICS AS READ - 1 LINE MODIFIED CODE FOLLOWS
        if (!$pun_user['is_guest'] && topic_is_new($cur_topic['id'], $id,  $cur_topic['last_post']) && $cur_topic['moved_to'] == null)

The code does not conflict. At least not that I can see. The EasyPoll changes leave the line

unchanged.

So after getting EasyPoll working, I went in and just made the Mark_As_Read change.

What's happening is that the main index is working as expected, but the forums are not being marked as read.

Kinda frustrating, and I can't see why this is happening.

anyone?

Well with Easy Poll installed you will need to change it to work with your mark as read in two places once for the poll topics and once for the regular topics.

Right. it seems some change is needed in viewforum.php to adjust for the polls.

But since i didn't make any changes in viewforum.php when installing Easy Poll 1.0.5 (or did I?) I'm not really sure where to being looking to correct the error.

Let me review the install and see if i've overlooked something.

mine is working fine...  Works perfect!

I installed it I could not stick, or close topics.

Were you trying to stick or close the poll, or other? As Easy Poll does not effect those functions for regular topics.

43 (edited by gezz 2005-03-24 23:11)

Is their a viewable demo of this mod like Connorhd posted so I can compair it to punpoll? Are their any visible differences?

Lastly, Does this mod conflict with PMS, Easy BBC, or New Window Link (http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=217) ?

-gezz

Mediator wrote:

Were you trying to stick or close the poll, or other? As Easy Poll does not effect those functions for regular topics.

it will stick or close but the message beside them (sticky: or Closed:) does not show

As for the closed I havn't the slightest clue why it wouldn't be showing up, I'm looking at the code and it appears fine. As for the sticky, my theory is you accidently deleted the sticky code by mistake when installing the modifications. However to be sure I would need to you to either upload a copy of your viewtopic.php as viewtopic.phps or viewtopic.txt would be easiest. Or you can email me a copy at med_mediator@hotmail.com

gezz for the pms and new link, I believe don't believe easy poll would have an effect on either, however in polls links will not open up into a new window unless you make the same changes to viewpoll.php as viewtopic.php. As for Easy BBC I am not familiar with the mod/plugin so I couldn't tell you.

demo? yikes

-gezz

http://www.rscheatnet.com/mods/Easy_Poll/ There you are.

1.0.6 will be released in the next few hours, just a heads up

username: supertester
password: demo

-gezz

I don't see how posting an account is helpfull. As guests you can create polls but not vote, and as a member you can vote, but only once for each poll, so its easy to just create a new account O_o