1 (edited by khalido 2005-04-02 15:20)

Topic: Modifying extern.php

I am using extern.php to display active forum topics. The link extern.php generates includes "action=new":

http://www.domain.com/forums/viewtopic. … action=new

This link displays the bottom of the topic - I would like it to point to the first post instead of the new entry box right at the bottom. How do I modify extern.php so that it does not generate "action=new" in the url?

Re: Modifying extern.php

action=active

I do not really understand what you want to do...

Ludo,

I'm using this :
<?php
error_reporting( ~E_ALL);
include('http://ckkoshi.free.fr/punbb/extern.php?action=active&show=5');
?>
And work perfectly. (the php error reporting is because when it's slow there's an php error)

Sorry for my french english.
GT4 Club driver France & Forum - Lingerie.

4 (edited by khalido 2005-04-02 15:29)

The url extern.php shows is hard coded with "action=new". I am using /extern.php?action=active to display a list of active topics in my main website, and it is working just fine - the only issue is that the link goes to the bottom of that topic, and then people tend to post without reading the preceding replies.

line 255 extern.php

echo '<li><a href="'.$pun_config['o_base_url'].'/'.pun_link($pun_url['topic_new_posts'], $cur_topic['id']).'" title="'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'">'.$subject_truncated.'</a></li>'."\n";

Replace by

echo '<li><a href="'.$pun_config['o_base_url'].'/'.pun_link($pun_url['topic'], $cur_topic['id']).'" title="'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'">'.$subject_truncated.'</a></li>'."\n";

Romuald: That's from 1.3 smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hurmf, there's no similar for 1.2.x ? smile

Sure, just remove action=new from the link.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Sure, just remove action=new from the link.

How do I go about modifiying extern.php to do so? I looked at it, and couldn't make sense of it! If 1.3 is not too far away, (< 1 month) I could wait for that if it will be easier to modify.

Search for:

echo '<li><a href="'.$pun_config['o_base_url'].'/viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'&action=new" title="'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'">'.$subject_truncated.'</a></li>'."\n";

and replace it with

echo '<li><a href="'.$pun_config['o_base_url'].'/viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['id'].'" title="'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'">'.$subject_truncated.'</a></li>'."\n";

11 (edited by hubabuba 2005-05-05 16:11)

This is so cool.. smile

in both exemple its NOTHING about the 'Recent posts' !

only about others stuff.. of course..  wink  and everyone put on thier sites the "Recent posts"..  so maybe a link with what i should modify in extern.php to show the 'Recent posts' ?

Thank you smile

P.S. Maybe its time to update this page:
http://punbb.org/docs/dev.html#syndication
  ..and the instructions from extern.php
because its nothing about "recent posts"
big_smile

What are you talking about? Extern.php does output "recent posts".

13 (edited by hubabuba 2005-05-05 16:42)

i know its does..  but with some modification.. 

..and what is the command ? or where can i find that command ?

i mean how can i make to show the last post ? not from the begining of the topic.. 

thx smile

What command?

I think he wants to know how to make extern.php work the same as "recent posts" on the PunBB.org front page (which of course is not using extern.php)

How does the "Recent posts" bit on the punbb.org front page differ from the output of extern.php?action=active ?

Edit: http://punbb.org/forums/extern.php?acti … mp;nfid=28 results in the exact same output as that on the front page.

It doesn't differ but the instructions only talk about "recent topics" and "new topics". There is no mention of linking to the newest "post". I assumed he just wanted to know which instructions he had to follow to make it work like PunBB.org.

yes, thank you both smile

btw.. there is a way to integrate punbb in LDU800 ?