Topic: musikCube.com

www.musikcube.com

I just got PunBB up and running with login integrated with the rest of the website.  Refreshing in comparison with the problematic phpBB we had running before.  Other than a couple initial problems, it was a smooth transition.  Thanks for making such a great forum software!

Plug:
musikCube is much more than an "mp3 player," it is a music "library." musikCube currently supports mp3, ogg, flac, and cd audio file formats. It also features an integrated cd ripper helping you take control of your music from the start. musikCube tries to stay as intuitive and attractive as possible without degrading the performance of your computer. We believe very strongly that your mp3 player should NOT exist only to be eye candy, but be a functional, cohesive part of your operating system. musikCube is the vanilla audio player for windows.

musikCube features include:

* very low memory footprint
    * clean and intuitive user interface
    * blazing fast navigation
    * fully drag and drop compatible
    * powerful batch tagging
    * an integrated cross fader
    * an integrated cd ripper
    * dynamic playlists

Re: musikCube.com

oh your the creator of musikcube i must congratulate you on a awsome player wonderfull little piece of soft with a sober layout

Looking good.

In case you hadn't noticed, there is an option in admin/options to add items to the main menu. I noticed that some of your members were asking for a link back to the main site.

Ataxy: actually I can't claim the credit of making musikCube, Casey Langen is the author of that amazing piece of software.  I just offered to make/run the website for him.

Paul: I think those messages were from when we were using phpBB, but I needed to figure that out anyways, Thanks!

-Rajiv

oh well thank him for that and thx for making and running this site to promote it

Nice job. Are you going to integrate the "look and feel" of the rest of the site into the forums? Shouldn't be too much problems.

I hadn't heard of musicCube, but it sure looks good. I've been considering switching from Winamp now that it's all bloated up (I'm still using 2.91). Maybe I should try out musicCube.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Nice job. Are you going to integrate the "look and feel" of the rest of the site into the forums? Shouldn't be too much problems.

I hadn't heard of musicCube, but it sure looks good. I've been considering switching from Winamp now that it's all bloated up (I'm still using 2.91). Maybe I should try out musicCube.

Exactly the same things with me.. just downloaded musicCube, its pretty good. Ditched winamp already tongue

musikCube *does* look cool, and it has something that my favorite media player (XMPlay) lack - an easy to use media library. Plus, a built-in CD ripper that I don't have to pay for.

I just wish that the FoxyTunes people would put it on their list of players controlled by the plugin. Until then, I can live with Global Hotkeys, though.

The ripper part I'm not that fond of though. I always use Exact Audio Copy to rip and I don't intend to change unless something better comes along.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Looking good... will try it on my test machine soon big_smile

Rickard wrote:

Awesome work, I like it.

It's looking good...I just switched to using the zune player...it's pretty sweet.
i haven't heard of musikcube before...

13 (edited by rajivm 2006-12-05 09:08)

Rickard wrote:

Finally got around to integrating the "look and feel" for the 1.0 release of musikCube. It got to the front page of digg so some nice traffic this weekend (which is why I assume this thread got suddenly bumped from over a year ago).

http://digg.com/software/musikCube_1_0_Final_Released

Some nice improvements to musikCube also, check it out.

rajivm wrote:
Rickard wrote:

Finally got around to integrating the "look and feel" for the 1.0 release of musikCube. It got to the front page of digg so some nice traffic this weekend (which is why I assume this thread got suddenly bumped from over a year ago).

http://digg.com/software/musikCube_1_0_Final_Released

Some nice improvements to musikCube also, check it out.

I really like musikCube, and have been eagerly awaiting the 1.0 final release. If you ever find the time & resources to implement ReplayGain & improve the unicode support, I'd switch over from foobar2000 in no time smile