Topic: 1.0 Preview

As some of you already know the release of 1.0 is imminent. I am however always a bit nervous before the release of a new version. I guess I'm just scared it will have some lame bug that screws up things :-)

I'm making 1.0 available for download now, but if a bug turns up within a day or two, I will fix it and incorporate the fix into what will still be 1.0. Please download from the link below and test it. If you discover a bug, report it in this topic and I will fix it immediately. Make a backup of your current installation before installing (read the docs for upgrade instructions).

http://punbb.org/download/

*crossing my fingers*

Edit: I would be extra happy if someone could test it with PostgreSQL.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: 1.0 Preview

Ahh.. I've been waiting for that one =)
Thanks.

I let you know if there are any problems.

It would be great if you guys could drop a note in this topic if you have tried 1.0. That way I can approximate how well it works.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Cactuz just pointed out to me that I hade forgotten to include this change so I just did. Thanks man!

I have just installed 1.0 and it seems to work fine. I haven't tested it much tough.

"Real programmers are those that can sleep in front of terminals ... with their eyes opened."

"Real programmers don't work from 9 to 5. If any real programmers are around at 9am it's because they were up all night."

Update:

2003-08-03
""""""""""
*  Made a HTML page out of include/INSTALL.
*  Fixed logout and "Mark all forums as read" not working in Opera.

Update:

2003-08-05
""""""""""
*  Changed a few things in commondb.php and the two DBLayer classes. PunBB
   now prints out a little more info when a connection to MySQL fails for
   some reason.

2003-08-04
""""""""""
*  Removed classes A:link.ul and TD.punheadright from the styles. They were
   unused.

Kennel wrote:

Update:

2003-08-03
""""""""""
*  Made a HTML page out of include/INSTALL.
*  Fixed logout and "Mark all forums as read" not working in Opera.

Huh?

afefa feae? What the..?? big_smile

//Jocke

Update:

2003-08-05
""""""""""
*  Added text encoding and LTR/RTL-orientation to the language packs in
   preparation for supporting more languages. The template files have been
   updated slightly because of this.

I'm closing this topic since 1.0 final is now released.