Topic: Mysterious Blocking

Hi,
Recently I've noticed something rather mysterious when accessing PunBB forums using my School's internet connection, Viewing of topics appears to be blocked.

I can login to a forum, browse the forum and subforums but when I click a topic i get directed to the 'this page is blocked' page. The weird thing is, up untill now I was under the impression that my school enforced a URL Blocking policy only, So "www.badurl.com" may be blocked from access but it wouldn't actually check the contents of the page. The other weird thing is that the page actually begins to load, when It nears the end of loading I get redirected to the block (so clicking 'stop' just before the end circumvents this block). I've had the problem on two seperate punbb forums (one running 1.2.5, one 1.1.x) and i'm stumped.

I just thought i'd let you guys know, some blockers appear to have someting against you :-)
(it's the content filter of www.rm.com btw, i'll get more info in the next few days when I'm back at school.

GapYearTalk.com - Gap Year Talk - My Student Holiday Hostel Gap Year Discussion Forum

Re: Mysterious Blocking

My school uses the exact same filtering software; its always checked content though.

There is nothing you can do against it, except find a good proxy browser (the filter will block almost all of them though)

Its nothing to do with punBB, just the content of the forum itself...

Re: Mysterious Blocking

I don't beleive it's the actual content, I can browse other forrums fine, just not punBB ones. And it is the same for every post across 2 different forums. It has to be something that PunBB says.

Has RM introduced content checking recently? I remember a year or so ago it was URL only.

GapYearTalk.com - Gap Year Talk - My Student Holiday Hostel Gap Year Discussion Forum