Topic: Review my prices please...

Hey guys,

I run a hosting site (since late 2001) and it has almost always been free hosting. There were a few times when we offered special paid accounts, but have not done so in more than 2 years. I just released some new paid hosting accounts (targeted towards people looking for a low budget host) and was looking for some feedback on the prices.

The basic plan is (for $20 a year):

- 250 MB of Space
- 4 Gigabytes Data Transfer
- 5 MySQL Databases
- 3 Addon Domains

Is that something people would consider a "budget host"?

If you guys could review my plans.... hell review my whole site for that matter, that would be groovy. The site is in my sig. ( www.subnixus.com )

p.s.

We really need a review forum for things other than punBB forums wink

FREE web hosting: www.subnixus.com

Re: Review my prices please...

It sounds good enough for me. My current hosting (Illusionfxnet) is $25 a year, and I'm getting 550mb space, 20gb bandwidth and 10 MySQL databases. But I'm realizing that it's still too much bandwidth and space for my needs, thinking about switching to something like nearlyfreespeech.net, where you pay per gb of bandwidth / mb of space.

Anyways, yeah. One thing that annoys me, is that there are a lot of really cheap hosts out there nowadays. But there's no decent way to distinguish between them. They all promise 99.9% uptime, etcetera. But after five months, I've already had quite enough downtime to be somewhat dissatisfied with my current provider. If I were you, I'd stress the speed and uptime of the hosting. Unless it's not speedy or up alot. wink

black robe and swill
I believe Anita Hill
judge will rot in hell
it's the song I hate, it's the song I hate

3 (edited by subigo 2005-05-01 01:21)

Re: Review my prices please...

Zeke wrote:

It sounds good enough for me. My current hosting (Illusionfxnet) is $25 a year, and I'm getting 550mb space, 20gb bandwidth and 10 MySQL databases. But I'm realizing that it's still too much bandwidth and space for my needs, thinking about switching to something like nearlyfreespeech.net, where you pay per gb of bandwidth / mb of space.

Anyways, yeah. One thing that annoys me, is that there are a lot of really cheap hosts out there nowadays. But there's no decent way to distinguish between them. They all promise 99.9% uptime, etcetera. But after five months, I've already had quite enough downtime to be somewhat dissatisfied with my current provider. If I were you, I'd stress the speed and uptime of the hosting. Unless it's not speedy or up alot. wink

I've been hearing some good things about nearlyfreespeech.net... I wonder how many sites they host?

The only reason I am even offering the free hosting is that some of the pay per post members dont have time to post on the forum anymore and asked for a paying alternative... As far as speed and uptime, I probably should post something about that. We have Dual Xeon 2.66GHz servers and 99.9% uptime this year. Stats: http://florida.websitepulse.net/uptime/G2808I9161.html

FREE web hosting: www.subnixus.com