Topic: To hell with G-mail Yahoo now gives a gig of storage.

Now I can stop asking people for a g-mail invite tongue

Re: To hell with G-mail Yahoo now gives a gig of storage.

But Gmail is so much better. You need an invite?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Gmail have 2gb

I have over 600 invites... You want one?

almost_there wrote:

...and keep on recieving 405MB of spam per day on ultra-slow servers!
Hooray!

And, anyways, if you check the fine print, Gmail offers what they refer to as "infinite + 1" storage. You get 2GB (which the number is slowly climbing...You can see the counter rising at gmail.com) initially, but if you fill that space up, you are automatically upped. You can never run out of room. They will continue to up the amount of storage space for as long as you have an account.
Plus, Gmail now offers some compatibility options for text-only browsers and such that just blow everything else away.

Oh, and don't get me started on the speed and ease of use.

i think the gig of storage is one of the least amazing things about gmail

7 (edited by Reines 2005-05-06 15:42)

who the hell has 2 gig of emails anyway? :S im only at about 21mb used, with 2279 emails.

Reines wrote:

who the hell has 2 gig of emails anyway? :S im only at about 21mb used, with 2279 emails.

Well, I was reaching that limit with all the attachments I had (some were around 21 mb at a time), but I just downloaded them all and saved them to disk, so it droppped my usage down to around 18%.

plus you can transfer all your contacts from existing accounts of differing services ie:hotmail and yahoo. no fuss, no muss. easy as can be.

side note: didn't i hear something along the lines of a google browser? what's the deal with that? is it still coming out?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

i dont see why you need so much space for email, if you wana save it and dont have space print it out. 2 gigs is way to fucking much.

but theres no such thing as too much space, 2gigs is just an arbitary value which is so massive you will never reach it

Rickard wrote:

But Gmail is so much better. You need an invite?

Yeah if you'll send me one. I've asked several people on various forums and have yet to receive one.

sent wink

Connorhd wrote:

sent wink

Thanks! smile

fwiw, have 50 invites...   feel free to e-mail me for one (whoever).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Jonathan T. Sage
Lighting & Set Designer
Professional Web Designer

I have also a lot of invitations smile do not hesitate to ask me. I think Gmail is really great. I hope it will integrate a calendar such as in Yahoo and I will be really happy smile

You can get a free invite from isnoop. You can also donate invites to increase their pool.

I have 49 languishing because the last 5 people I sent them to DIDN'T SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT. OK, I'm done *Steps off soap box*. If you need 'em, I've got'em. Send me a form mail.

Proud member of the TextDrive community

I have 48 Inv. left. I wonder how someone ll get 600 inv.

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

i doubt anyone has 600 on one account but if you had 12 accounts then you could have 600 (50 in each is the maximum i think)

21 (edited by Frank H 2005-05-13 12:06)

yep ... I've got 148 if I count on all my accounts ... but ... I'm only using one account ... and the other ones are 'junkmails' where I get the mail through pop ... don't want to mess upp the saved password ... as I forget what I have on different places and need to pick up my note with a gazillion different passwords (and no reference to where they are used wink) ... so I say I have 48 atm big_smile

gmail has 2 gigs now yikes and google is more colourfull tongue

*removed by Rickard*
^ 1337 php and mySQL sig
Like annoying people with visual basic? http://www.annoyingvb.com <-- the home for virus/spammers/trojans. ect source code!

google can be any colour you want wink http://persistent.info/archives/2004/10 … l-skinning

24 (edited by shinko_metsuo 2005-06-10 23:17)

yahoo spamms I get 500 message with in an hour on there.

Gmail I get messages that I request ir expect.

almost_there wrote:

Gmail is still much much better then Yahoo.
Yahoo sticks those footers in your email.

I was using the WordPress feature to post by an email using my yahoo account, and look how it turned out: http://gary13579.info/2005/06/04/ninten … ree-games/

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);