##
##            Notes:  No
##
##     Update Notes:  Upload/Replace gallery.php
##
##       DISCLAIMER:  Please note that "mods" are not officially supported by
##                    PunBB. Installation of this modification is done at your
##                    own risk. Backup your forum database and any and all
##                    applicable files before proceeding.
##
##

Demo :  http://www.roseon-fr.com/forums/mod_galerie.php

Some corrections since 1.0 version :

Bug fix :

- mysql table prefixe.
- tootip positionnement
- multi-page modération
- Firefox Upload Bug
- PHP_SELF variable error

Amelioration

- More symply
- More configuration for tooltip and gallery
- English language file added (thx to Originalcastor & shinko_metsuo)
- Spain language file added (thx to Azakur4)

Download : http://www.punres.org/desc.php?pid=70

Re: PBB Gallery 1.1

Looks good, but you may want to consider making it validate. Using the W3C validator, it reports 72 errors on your demo page.
Most of them are so simple to fix that I don't see any reason not to smile

3 (edited by pokemon_jojo 2005-05-09 23:10)

The demo is not good for the xhtml validation because i made some modification of my forum. But i know this mod is not valide for w3c. But i have test it on Firefox and IE (For me it's ok) so... ^^.

If somebody wants to recode this mod with xhtml validation, he can big_smile

What a pity to have not the possibility to create xxxxxx categories ...

Categorie One : example ... "FAIRY" ... and all users (or GROUPS ?) post for fairy Cat

Another Cat ... "Dragons" ... and all users (groups ?) post for dragons Cat ...

But the used way sounds good.

Have one error in gallery.php. add this in variable zone:

/* ftp address directory */
$ftp_site_rep = 'img/gallery/';

J'ai une erreur, il manque la définition d'une variable. Ajoutez ceci dans la zone de définition des variable:

/* ftp address directory */
$ftp_site_rep = 'img/gallery/';

Thanks for this bug, it is just a confusion beetween this mod and PBB FTP Gallery. I have make the correction. The file was update.

I am having a problem with this. I posted in the 1.0 thread, I didn't know that 1.1 had since come out.

I am getting this error, and don't know why. I've kept everything at default for now...

-Tim

8 (edited by pokemon_jojo 2005-05-11 19:20)

hum... have create the sql table named pun_gallery ? in your mysql db ?

if yes, test it : http://theiron-curtain.com/forum/gallery.php?info=new

Edit : I have read your post about the 1.0.

I have kept all the settings on default, and only changed the table name to not include the pun_ prefix. (My PunBB installation does not use the pun_ prefix either.)

Don't change the name of pun_gallery. If you made it, rename all the sql pun_gallery référence in gallery.php with the new name.

ERROR : The server could not record the downloaded file. Contact the administrator myemail@address.com.

Go back

Yea, the page comes up with the form, but when I try to upload a picture this comes up. I edited my email address for privacy's sake.

So... The gallery.php is obviously not the problem. I can't tell you much from this computer, Morgan Stanley has their systems locked down pretty tightly (no ftp or ssh or anything) but I left the database name pun_galery (it doesn't matter than my forums don't have any prefixes, right?) and the gallery.php at default.

However, I still get this error.

I'm going to try creating a new database and a new pun_gallery table, and referring to that, so I'll see what happens then. To tell the truth, I only found out about 1.1 about 15 minutes before I ran out the door for work, so I haven't had too much time to experiment on it. smile

Thanks for help so far.

-Tim

I just checked through phpMyAdmin, and I, in fact, do have a pun_gallery table in the mysql database. I can perform queries on it if need be.

-Tim

Confirm on this line 293 that the name of your Users table is pun_users:

$gal_result = $db->query('SELECT gal.*, user.username AS username FROM pun_gallery AS gal, pun_users AS user WHERE gal.user_id = user.id ORDER BY gal.date_ajout DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$nb_images_by_page.'') or error('Unable to select all image in DB Gallery', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

My problem is that after hitting submit to upload that a blank screen appears and the file info is not saved in the table. Why?

I started typing a response, but stopped and erased it. I didn't understand it at first, and still am not sure whether I do or not.

I need to edit the gallery.php file to lookup the users table, instead of the pun_users table, right? Since I installed PunBB with no prefixes, and this php file is trying to access a pun_ prefixed table?

I'm such a noob... tongue

-Tim

yelowpunk wrote:

I need to edit the gallery.php file to lookup the users table, instead of the pun_users table, right? Since I installed PunBB with no prefixes, and this php file is trying to access a pun_ prefixed table?

Yes you need to change the table name in gallery.php to how you have it.

Yay! That works.. now, I get the:

ERROR : The server could not record the downloaded file. Contact the administrator timothy@607design.com.

Go back

error.

like, double-u-tee-eff, mate?

-Tim

Sorry I can't help you further. I'm stuck. I don't even get an error message...just a blank screen. Very frustrating. ;(

Ack, why are you up so early!? big_smile

I guess we wait until the author checks the thread, huh? As for me, I'm off to count sheep myself.

-Tim

pokemon_jojo wrote:

hum... have create the sql table named pun_gallery ? in your mysql db ?

if yes, test it : http://theiron-curtain.com/forum/gallery.php?info=new

Edit : I have read your post about the 1.0.

I have kept all the settings on default, and only changed the table name to not include the pun_ prefix. (My PunBB installation does not use the pun_ prefix either.)

Don't change the name of pun_gallery. If you made it, rename all the sql pun_gallery référence in gallery.php with the new name.

I tried the same thing with ?info=new and i was able to display the page, however when I go to gallery.php I get:..

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to select all image in DB Gallery.

am I missing something? do i need to have gd library installed? (i can't remember if the latest version of php comes with it intergrated or not..)

By the way, I've been reading up a little on PHP and what could be wrong, and this is the server enviornment I'm running on:

Mac OS X 10.3.7 Server
PHP 4.3.10

Could it be that gd library is commented out in the httpd.conf or something? I know next to nothinga about this, and am just going off what I've read...

Thanks for help all,

-Tim

Hi all, i have made a new version of PBB gallery. http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7491

Some Bug for SQL prefixe are resloved. (Installation auto use your prefixe configuration)

Now for the upload bug (with MAC or Linux) !!! I don't know, because the upload script is based on the avatar upload script of PunBB ! (So if you can up avatar, normaly you can up picture in gallery !)

Maybe you have a php.ini restriction. Try all possibility. (Little image, .jpg image, .jpeg image, .gif image, Little size of image, etc...)