Topic: spinkbb skin generator

i just tried to create a new skin for my forums and its says.... "Create a document named SpinkBB.css and copy/paste in it the text area's content located above. Save it." i dont know where to creat a new document at. 

then for the second step it says...."Create a second document named spinkbb_cs.css and copy/paste in it the text area's content located beneath. Save it."  dont know what to do either and so on.

Add the document spinkbb.css in the style/ directory of your forums and the spinkbb_cs.css document in the style/imports/ directory.

Select SpinkBB in Default style (In Administration, Options) and update your own profile in Profile > Display.
If your forums have been set up for a while and you want to avoid changing all profiles, you can edit the CSS files of the style you were using instead of creating new ones.

can someone help me step by step or something on what to do

Re: spinkbb skin generator

-> open notepad
-> Paist the code
-> save as spinkBB.css
-> repeat for the other file and save as spinkBB_cs.css
-> upload spinkBB.css to /styles/
-> upload spinkBB_cs  to /styles/imports

thanks so much. but when i go to admin and then languages and styles it doesnt have something to upload the file. where do i go to upload it?

you upload it via FTP the same way you uploaded your forum.

umm i still dont understand.  can you give me site to which i can just put in the 2 .css files so i can use them on my forums?

No you can't do it that way. If you uploaded you forum in the first place then you can upload a couple of extra stylesheets. I don't see what the problem is unless somebody installed your forum for you in the first place.

no my friend gave me site and i registered and made my forums myself.  when i go to administrator and i got languages and styles it doesnt say upload extra stylesheet or whatever.  to upload the style sheet do i have to go to www.mypunbb.com?  then where do i go

I thought that might have been the issue

Connorhd wrote:

you can't add styles i have to add them, and i still need to write the system for me adding them, i should have some time soon so you can install any style you want from the admin panel

In other words, unless he finished the style uploading plugin he was working on, you can't upload styles yet

There is no function to upload the stylesheets. The person who created the forum has to do it. In your case the forum was created by mypunbb so they will have to sort out your stylesheets.

so right now connorhd is working on style uploading plugin.  and when hes done all i have to do it update my forums and i will have it under admin?