Topic: Profile - no limit charkters

Hi.

Im a young school boy from Denmark, so sorry for my bad english.

What shall i change i in the forum codes, so that there is no limit charakters ind the Icq, Jabber, and the 3 other boxes?

Thanks.
Lasse.

Re: Profile - no limit charkters

What do you mean by limit? Do you mean, the number of characters or the types of characters? In any case, why would you want to change it?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Im mean the the number of characters.

Might I ask why you want to change them?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

On a clean (no mods) installation of PunBB 1.2.5, you edit this in the profile.php file:

Find (it's way down in there):

<div class="blockform">
        <h2><span><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($user['username']).' - '.$lang_profile['Section messaging'] ?></span></h2>
        <div class="box">
            <form id="profile3" method="post" action="profile.php?section=messaging&id=<?php echo $id ?>">
                <div class="inform">
                    <fieldset>
                        <legend><?php echo $lang_profile['Contact details legend'] ?></legend>
                        <div class="infldset">
                            <input type="hidden" name="form_sent" value="1" />
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['Jabber'] ?><br /><input id="jabber" type="text" name="form[jabber]" value="<?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($user['jabber']) ?>" size="40" maxlength="75" /><br /></label>
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['ICQ'] ?><br /><input id="icq" type="text" name="form[icq]" value="<?php echo $user['icq'] ?>" size="12" maxlength="12" /><br /></label>
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['MSN'] ?><br /><input id="msn" type="text" name="form[msn]" value="<?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($user['msn']) ?>" size="40" maxlength="50" /><br /></label>
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['AOL IM'] ?><br /><input id="aim" type="text" name="form[aim]" value="<?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($user['aim']) ?>" size="20" maxlength="30" /><br /></label>
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['Yahoo'] ?><br /><input id="yahoo" type="text" name="form[yahoo]" value="<?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($user['yahoo']) ?>" size="20" maxlength="30" /><br /></label>
                        </div>
                    </fieldset>
                </div>
                <p><input type="submit" name="update" value="<?php echo $lang_common['Submit'] ?>" /><?php echo $lang_profile['Instructions'] ?></p>
            </form>
        </div>
    </div>

Replace with:

<div class="blockform">
        <h2><span><?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($user['username']).' - '.$lang_profile['Section messaging'] ?></span></h2>
        <div class="box">
            <form id="profile3" method="post" action="profile.php?section=messaging&id=<?php echo $id ?>">
                <div class="inform">
                    <fieldset>
                        <legend><?php echo $lang_profile['Contact details legend'] ?></legend>
                        <div class="infldset">
                            <input type="hidden" name="form_sent" value="1" />
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['Jabber'] ?><br /><input id="jabber" type="text" name="form[jabber]" value="<?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($user['jabber']) ?>" size="40" /><br /></label>
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['ICQ'] ?><br /><input id="icq" type="text" name="form[icq]" value="<?php echo $user['icq'] ?>" size="12" /><br /></label>
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['MSN'] ?><br /><input id="msn" type="text" name="form[msn]" value="<?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($user['msn']) ?>" size="40" /><br /></label>
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['AOL IM'] ?><br /><input id="aim" type="text" name="form[aim]" value="<?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($user['aim']) ?>" size="20" /><br /></label>
                            <label><?php echo $lang_profile['Yahoo'] ?><br /><input id="yahoo" type="text" name="form[yahoo]" value="<?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($user['yahoo']) ?>" size="20" /><br /></label>
                        </div>
                    </fieldset>
                </div>
                <p><input type="submit" name="update" value="<?php echo $lang_common['Submit'] ?>" /><?php echo $lang_profile['Instructions'] ?></p>
            </form>
        </div>
    </div>

It may work if you have mods installed, you may have to experiment. smile

Last edited by scottywz (1776-07-04 0:01:37)

that won't work, you need to edit the database too

Ohh... I thought it was simple sad

Might I ask why you want to change them?

No one in Denmark has Icq, Jabber and that stuff, so i change them to some other things. Among other things: Birthday and What you are fan of.
So i want to change the code so that users kan write maybe 50 charakters in sted og 15 smile

Connorhd wrote:

that won't work, you need to edit the database too

Youre right... It wont work sad