Topic: add a new column in user's profile?

I own a alumnus forum, and want to show every members' information about which year they graduated.
but in the default settings, there's only realname, location, websites, email, etc.
Can anyone hint me how to have more user's infomation?
(I've already added columns in MySQL in table "user")

Thanks!

Re: add a new column in user's profile?

*bump*

crazy that only a few people is interested in this tongue

the easiest way is to rename one of the current ones, to actually add one is alot of effort

is it?

meh = dummy @ php smile

even a copy/paste of codelines can't make it?

well you need to add the boxes for them to add it, add to the query so when they change it, it actually changes. you need to add to the sql to select it too and you need to add the place for it to be shown

bah, only a few minutes of work for you wink

lol, maybe, but i wouldn't just have to do it i would have to write a guide to do it, and i'm already way to busy with exams and loads of other things for punbb all of which should have been done already wink

someone else could write it though, its pretty easy to make nice looking pages and put them on the punres wiki

yeah, no biggie smile

I added another section to the profile in my forum, and it's as easy as copying an existing section and modifying it to suit your needs. Swing by mine to check it out.

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?

this isn't adding a new section its adding a new item like adding another type of IM

Oh, I see. Sorry about that. tongue Then it becomes more complex, because it would involve making another column in the database and modifying profile.php. That itself would include making a form with which variables can be edited, adding the column name(s) to the query, etc. It would be nice if punBB had the option to add and remove information fields within the software rather than manually.

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?

well ok...will try the simple stupid copy/paste thing and update DB. No matter if fields appears one after each other in the profile, I just want more fields to appear tongue