Topic: config.php issue in the install script?

I'm real new, so forgive me if I'm just making a newbie mistake.  But I'm re-installing my first PunBB board, the first install died an ugly death after what looked like an easy and early success.

So now I've run the install script in a new directory, and got the common errors "The cache directory is not writeable..." and "The avatar directory is not writeable...", both of which I've corrected using chmod.

Here's the problem:  the install script then directs me to copy "the following" to config.php, and then upload that file to the server.  However the contents of "the following" has a PHP header tag, but not the ending tag.  I can add a PHP ending tag, but am I missing more than just the ending tag? 

Thanks for all help...here's what I see that I'm to insert as config.php.  I'm using Firefox, maybe there's a browser problem.  All help appreciated!

"the following", for config.php:

<?php

$db_type = 'mysql';
$db_host = 'localhost';
$db_name = 'PunBB';
$db_username = 'root';
$db_password = '[snip]//Connorhd';
$db_prefix = 'PB_';
$p_connect = false;

$cookie_name = 'punbb_cookie';
$cookie_domain = '';
$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_secure = 0;
$cookie_seed = 'dd441330';

define('PUN', 1);

2 (edited by Smartys 2005-06-03 14:30)

Re: config.php issue in the install script?

No, you don't need a closing ?>
It was taken out because it wasn't needed and people were leaving extra spaces after it, causing errors
And edit out your password hmm

Re: config.php issue in the install script?

Thank you, I just hit "edit" to handle the password...with a very red face...but you'd already been in and snipped...DUH. and thanks!

And thanks for the info about the ending tag.  I'm proceeding with the install.