Topic: New translation: Dutch

Hi,

We are two guys from Holland, and we'd like to translate the whole punBB system into Dutch beceause we like this fast and simple forum! Do you want to place the new translation on your website with our names.

We had a second question: Is it allowed to move the copyright text in the footer of punBB into a special copyright-page on our website?

Greetings,
Thijs Wijnmaalen,
Theis-Jan Goudswaard (T.J.)

Re: New translation: Dutch

Hello!

Very cool! Of course I will post it on the front page :-) Just e-mail it to me and I will take care of it as fast as possible.

See the copyright FAQ about moving the copyright info: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=2165

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Ey you've got a new avatar!

But we've got a little question: What do you mean with "Stick topic" and "Unstick topic" ??

A "sticked topic" always stays at the top of the forum index. Look at this forum. The topic "HOWTO: Add more smilies" is "sticked".

Edit: You could say it's a "Glued topic".

Edit2: Hey, you have an avatar! :P

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

ok, thnx
we'll find a apropiadamente translation ...

keep up the good work T.J. and Thijs!

ok, we'll continue this translate-project. We hope this project is finished as soon as possible (we've currently 3 files done) ...

Let's eat something ( only coke is so boring wink )

In the file "en_help.php" we found a English grammar mistake, like this:

"You can tell if BBCode is enabled or disabled out in the left margin whenever you post a message or edit your signature." on line 11.

The sentence "You can tell..." has to be changed in "You can see..".

This mistake is also made in some other files wink

Hope you'll understand your mistake...

( 10 files done so far.. big_smile)

yet another English mistake in the source code: "en_register.php": "You must enter a valid e-mail address as your password will be sent to that address"... "as" has to be "because"

DONE!! Kennel do you want to place the Dutch version on your website with our names with it:

Link: http://www.sqix.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=2
Name 1: Thijs Wijnmaalen
Name 2: Theis-Jan Goudswaard (T.J.)

T.J. and Thijs wrote:

yet another English mistake in the source code: "en_register.php": "You must enter a valid e-mail address as your password will be sent to that address"... "as" has to be "because"

doens't look wrong to me ...

Thesaurus.com gives:

Entry:   because
Function:   preposition
Definition:   on account of
Synonyms:   as, being, considering, due to, for, in that, now, over, owing to, seeing, since, thanks to, through, whereas
Concept:   reason/excuse

but perhaps it would just need a comma after "e-mail adress".

T.J. and Thijs wrote:

DONE!! Kennel do you want to place the Dutch version on your website with our names with it:

Link: http://www.sqix.com/punbb/viewtopic.php?pid=2
Name 1: Thijs Wijnmaalen
Name 2: Theis-Jan Goudswaard (T.J.)

Sweet! I will update the website in a few minutes.

T.J. and Thijs wrote:

The sentence "You can tell..." has to be changed in "You can see..".

No, "tell" is correct. It's not tell as in "tell her I'm coming over", but tell as in "you can tell he's been drinking".

T.J. and Thijs wrote:

No, the current translation is actually correct here as well. As Frank H pointed out, "as" is just another way of saying "because".

ok, if you say it's true we'll agree with that, but we've learnt it so at school wink

Write it down and ask your teacher. I'm confident he or she will tell you it's correct :-)

ok, we'll ask him.