Topic: Is there a way of getting rid of the "moved: <topic name>" link?

Hi all,

I've got a stupid little question, which isn't really important, but I was wondering anyway. I've just moved a post to another category, but I've accidently enabled the link which says "moved: <topic name>" in the old category. I know how I can prevent that from happening in the future, but is there a way of getting rid of that link now it's already there? hmm

Kind regards,

Nick

Re: Is there a way of getting rid of the "moved: <topic name>" link?

You delete it like you would a normal topic
And you just don't check to leave it with a redirect topic if you don't want one wink

Thanx mate. I considered that option, but I thought it would delete the entire thread, not just the refer pointing to it. Anyway, it worked like a charm. smile

In viewforum.php, you can just apply this code:

Find (Line 156)

$subject = $lang_forum['Moved'].': <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['moved_to'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';

Replace with

$subject = /* $lang_forum['Moved']. */': <a href="viewtopic.php?id='.$cur_topic['moved_to'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['subject']).'</a> <span class="byuser">'.$lang_common['by'].' '.pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_topic['poster']).'</span>';

Hope this helps.

he doesn't want to get rid of the moved bit, he wants to remove the moved link... which smartys already answered hmm

There's another way to get rid of it smile Move the topic back to the forum from which it was initially moved. Then the "redirect topic" should disappear.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard just wrote:

There's another way to get rid of it smile Move the topic back to the forum from which it was initially moved. Then the "redirect topic" should disappear.

You could do that and re-move it (not to be confused with deletion), but this time not select the "Leave redirect topic" box.