1 (edited by yelowpunk 2005-07-07 05:56)

Topic: PunBB 1.2.5 with all the neccesary mods.

Hey guys, I figured since I'm what looks like done with all the mods I wanted to implement into PunBB (I think they're neccesary features, not extras, personally...) I might as well show it off.

The <Iron Curtain> forums. A World of Warcraft guild.

PunBB 1.2.5

Mods are:

PollMod
Calendar
Private Messanging
Gallery 1.2

Plugins are:

News Generator
EasySmilis
DB Management
User Management
Calendar Management

Everything is running as it should and not giving me any problems. My guild is very happy that I am able to provide so many features at such short notice. I'm very happy that I'm working with the best Bulletin-Board system on the 'net. However, in my oh so humble opinion, PunBB should come in a Normal and Plus configuration, with the plus config having all those mods already implemented into it.

So.. where do I get some nice styles?

-Tim

Re: PunBB 1.2.5 with all the neccesary mods.

http://punres.org/browse.php?show=styles - theres some pretty nice styles out now smile

I was looking through the styles, but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Right now, on the homepage, the left-hand menu is a box/inbox div just like any other div. However, I would like to make it a 'menu' div, but cannot find the proper tag for it. What is it?

Thanks,

-Tim

I like your main page alot. Is there a particular Mod or plugin that gives you that page?
Sorry if it's a dumb question....

5 (edited by D9r 2005-06-23 15:16)

In Soviet Russia, road forks you!

OK, what's that all about?  It's the second time I've seen that joke -- the other one was, "In Soviet Russia... Websites develop YOU!".

(I like your idea of having a standard set of 'necessary mods'.)

I've almost completely redone the site, it's worth a look now. smile

Also, the 'road forks you' is a joke from the Simpsons, iirc. I'm not a full-blows Simpsons geek, so I can't quote the episode, context and character for you, but the phrase has caught on. I used it because our guild was loosely based on communist beliefs (I guess Marxist is more accurate).

-Tim

heya, GREAT work i must say.. real nice done! how did u do this.. forum.php .. index.php ... explain or can u release a "layout" or something so i can have something to work with... i am just a layout designer and i love this kind u have created here.. is it somekind of mod who made this possible ?

Oh man -- I had to register just to ask about this!

Please please share your wonderful theme!  Probably most of us just want to use it as a starting point to create our own.  But I particularly like how you put the menu on the left side.  How?!

:-)