1 (edited by Magoo 2003-08-20 08:05)

Topic: 2 small things I would love to have...

First, tnx for a really neat forum. Fast, easy to administrate, easy to install, quick response from the person behind and a great community supporting it with mods and improvments.

I posted the name-bug that you fixed in 1.0.1.
I haven't had the time to upgrade yet, I've done some mods to 1.0 that I have to copy to keep.
To minimize the work in future releases (or if you have the time before tomorrow wink ) it would be awesome to have a list of which files that have been changed so that I can just copy them and then "do the upgrade" (guess that the 1_0 to 1.0.1 is just a database upgrade (haven't looked at it)

What I mean is...is it necessary to copy all the files...will take me maybe 20 minutes extra if I have to refit my mod.

Second: the css...
Would be SUPERGREAT to know what every tag does (comments in the code maybe??), instead of how I did the colorchanges last time... (view-source, search in the .css, try and error)

I think that's all I "need" for now wink

Want to check my forum out?  La Familia da una Calmare (site for me and my crazy friends)
Will soon use this forum at  Svenska E28 registret

Re: 2 small things I would love to have...

Magoo wrote:
Want to check my forum out?  La Familia da una Calmare (site for me and my crazy friends)

Are your crazy friends blind? Huge textsize smile

Mayby the size are related to "Ölhäfv" wink

haha, well...It's just for fun we have that one+I have to try PunBB out before I use it on the Svenska E28-registret.

Still, would like to know which files that are changed big_smile

4 (edited by gribber 2003-08-20 10:05)

Look at the date, compare to the old ones, may work smile

But it should still be nice to have a list with files that has been changed.

Edit: or create a script that generates a hash for each file and compare that way smile

Point taken. From now on I will list the files that have changed when releasing a new version. From 1.0 to 1.0.1 I believe almost all files have changed though. It's mostly because of the switch to pun_htmlspecialchars().

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

thanks smile
Will cut'n' paste my mods this time smile

Perhaps even release a separate zip/gz with only the files that was edited?
Reaching here tho smile

Yeah, that's a good idea.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well, that would mean more Work for Kennel... make one archive with all the files and one to upgrade with.
But the few things I've had ideas about he's fixed faster than I thought it was possible roll

One more, great job Kennel!

Yes, i realize it will be some more work.
It could surly be done with a script of some kind, that compares the current develop-dir's files with the last release-dir's files with a hash (md5?) and flags those files which does not compare with the old ones.

Or something big_smile

It's no problem at all actually :-)

how much time do you have?

What do you mean? Time for what?

for punBB....no offence wink
I mean, this has been the ONE with the fastest response.
what I meant was that it seems that nothing is a problem, nothing takes too much time to create... the (for me) standard answer is "Do like this" or "I'll fix it". on "I'll fix it" it takes a few hours (or maybe a day or 2)
I'm impressed!!!!

Hehe, well, I don't have a lot to do right (computer-wize anyway) now except work on PunBB. My last year of studies starts on september 1 and I want to try to get as much work done until then. The fact that I have two exams before then will have to be secondary :)

hehe, that explains a lot wink

Good luck with the studies!