Topic: Suggestion : automated ban/reporting (or anything else)

Hello all,

Here is what I mean : not exactly a censor words script (that just replaces words with other words) but a sort of trap : when someone (especially guest) uses some forbidden word, then the post has first to be accepted by admin ou moderator to be published.
Its purpose would be to protect the forum from spam and banned people.

(My problem is that I'm in trouble with a former guest I have to ban day after day (see my former post about ban).)

Idea?
Thanks,
abclf.

Re: Suggestion : automated ban/reporting (or anything else)

Does the guest in question register every day or does he post as a guest? In that case, is disabling guest posts an option? PunBB 1.3 just might get support for post moderation, but it will most likely be an on/off feature (per forum or per group, we'll see).

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

3 (edited by abclf 2005-06-15 00:15)

Thanks Rickard for replying,

In fact, what I would like is to avoid some posts being published without first approval.
I don't think censor words is an efficient way of censoring (who is using it? I may be wrong) (but it may be a cool feature for automating links for exemple) to keep forum cool when there are problems (flames?) though I think a pre-moderation for posts where some special words are included may be usefull.
It may work for rude words, spam, with good keywords.
I mean an automated feature should be nice (not sure, should be discussed, depending on the difficulty, and so on ; it is no more than a suggestion) : why not using the censor words script to pre-moderate some posts ? Or, in other words, why not improving the censor words tool : not replace words but pre-moderate (sort of report) post, especially against guest ?

Thanks,
abclf.

Sorry, I see I don't answer you smile
No, I don't want to block guests or anything like else

I'll think about it. A feature can be great in theory, but it also needs to be implemented in a fast and "neat" way. If it can't, then it's not for PunBB.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."