Re: is 1.3 stable? stable 1.3 ETA?

Because 25 > 3 smile

27 (edited by scottywz 2005-06-01 20:50)

Oh. Silly me! smile

Not much difference between 1.2.5 and 1.3 (as far as your eyes can tell), except the Oxygen theme doesn't work and there's a Search Engine Friendly URLs option.

Still, here's a preview: http://test.scottywz.com/punbb_1.3
Login as user forums_user with password forums_user

29 (edited by GregK 2005-06-01 21:58)

Besides Search Engine Friendly URLs, there should be a option for RSS items?  for separate RSS feeds for each Forum & Topic. Might be a small template edit?

Is there a super rough time you mix expect to release 1.3?

It dosent have to be anything remotely close like even something along the lines of winter '05 would help out alot. The reason is if its remotely soon then ill wait before doing some heavy modding and integration. Even a rought amount of time (in months) when it might be released would do just fine.

-gezz

Rickard wrote:

I won't make an estimate of when 1.3 will be done. Whenever I do, I always miss it smile

although it will probably be a while, since i think they are gonna wait for IE7

Waiting for IE7 could turn out to be one of those ideas which was sound theoretically but in light of Microsofts history of meeting release dates is not such a good idea in practice. Anyway, the markup and css changes will be finished by the weekend apart from testing, bugfixes and approval by head office.

waiting for IE7 is like waiting for pigs to grow wings and then learn to fly yikes

-gezz

GregK wrote:

Any chance of getting a diff/changelog for 1.2.5 to the current 1.3?

I'll kick ya a few $$$'s for your time, I know it will save me a bunch.

Thanks

Just give me a few more days. Paul has some markup changes going in this weekend and I have some other stuff as well.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

You da man Rickard wink

I'll have to get my head around that SVN, after this project is finished.
My next one is using Pun too.

cheers

36 (edited by khalido 2005-06-06 11:24)

Is there a super rough time you mix expect to release 1.3?

A reply left on some software website to questions about when the next release is coming out:

"After Windows Longhorn, but before Duke Nukem Forever"

Duke Nukem Whenever smile

Edit: Duke Nukem If Ever

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hey Rickard smile

I installed v1.3 yesterday (yesterdays build)
Are the RSSitem-like features in 1.3 yet? ...for individual RSS feeds for each topic, forum?
I don't see anything in Admin?

Thanks wink

39 (edited by scottywz 2005-06-17 21:34)

GregK: psst... that wasn't from yesterday; I just had it on hand from earlier. ...psst

It should be like 1.2: extern.php?type=RSS&fid=[forum id]&action=[active or new]

oh psshit, whats the born on date then? smile

I think 2005/06/01 (YYYY/MM/DD).

GregK: No, they are not. A million non-PunBB related things have popped up these last few weeks so I haven't been able to get much done. Things seem to be slowing down now though, so I will be able to get back to work on 1.3.

Thanx for the update Rickard, I'll stay tuned smile

It's been a month... any further updates on 1.3? Especially rss feeds for everything...

khalido wrote:

Especially rss feeds for everything...

I've been using this and it's working great:

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6586

Read through the whole thread, it's been enhanced over time.

I see that IE7 beta is out.  I'm considering installing punbb, but I want to mod it heavily.  If 1.3 will be out in the next month or two, I'd wait for it.  Otherwise I'll probably just install something sooner.  Should I install 1.3 and keep up with the changes or just go for 1.2.6 and do a complete reinstall when 1.3 comes out.

Will it be possible to upgrade a heavily modded 1.2.6 board to 1.3 or will their be a significant number of changes to the database?

Thanks

47 (edited by Ludo 2005-07-30 15:56)

someguy wrote:

Will it be possible to upgrade a heavily modded 1.2.6 board to 1.3 or will their be a significant number of changes to the database?

Be sure it will be possible. Just that it would take some time. But if you have time, no problem.

Ludo,

I guess I'll run a punbb 1.3 with an imported database on a local server soon, to speed up the beta testing... I'd really like to use PunBB 1.3 final in a month or two...

A donation is coming as well wink smile

Yet Another Happy PunBB Admin!

http://driverpacks.net/

There is no beta testing tongue

Smartys wrote:

There is no beta testing tongue

Didn't search yet, but now you say it, I should have crossed that while I was searching for more info about PunBB 1.3...

Wouldn't that significantly speed up the testing, and therefore the final release? I understand that one must exclude the n00bies, because that would create more work than would be saved. But you say NO ONE is allowed (officially, since any one can copy the file contents of the SVN repo one by one) to  perform testing on the latest versions?

Yet Another Happy PunBB Admin!

http://driverpacks.net/