Topic: Logo again

May we use the logos from this site in a smaller size to advertise the forum. Powered by: punbb

I love this bb.

Wishes:
1. Like to see the ability to upload and download attachments
2. User selectable language in preferences

It is nice and clean in design and easy for the average 40 year old to navigate. 

Did you code it from scratch or did you build on some other  scripts.
Some parts of it are quite familiar.

Do I need any .htaccess files?

Thanks for a really great program

Chris , Canada

Re: Logo again

My attachment mod should be out in a few weeks (You can take a peak at the progress here). I've got some exams coming up at the moment, so I need to prio that, + the mod is quite extensive, so the writing of the installation might also take some time. But it will arrive in a little while. smile

For the other things, I let Kennel answer wink

old_mac wrote:

May we use the logos from this site in a smaller size to advertise the forum. Powered by: punbb

Yes, you may. I should make real graphics for linking, but I just haven't found the time.

old_mac wrote:

Wishes:
1. Like to see the ability to upload and download attachments
2. User selectable language in preferences

1. See Frank H's post :)
2. Noted. I'm thinking about it for 1.1.

old_mac wrote:

Did you code it from scratch or did you build on some other  scripts.
Some parts of it are quite familiar.

Almost all of it. The search indexing, search script and SMTP e-mailing code is "heavily inspired" by code from phpBB2, but otherwise, I do believe I've written the rest of it from scratch.

old_mac wrote:

No, not unless you want to restrict access to certain directories or something like that, but I can't think of a reason why you would want to.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

old_mac wrote:

No, not unless you want to restrict access to certain directories or something like that, but I can't think of a reason why you would want to.

Thanks for your quick responses. I just worry, cause so many PHP boards have been hacked lately.
It is fairly easy to get a script to access the database, if uploading or attachments are allowed.
I still at two minds about uploads. Even if the mimes are limited there are ways to get around that.
I will check out Frank's mods
Thanks again

Chris, Canada