Topic: Online bookmarks/favorites

I'm looking for a simple solution for syncing my bookmarks/favorites between different computers and browsers by storing them on a server. I would prefer an add-in that updates from the server automatically when the browser start. It should be able to handle that I might add new favorites when I'm offline.

What do you guys use?

Re: Online bookmarks/favorites

Chipmark.com

It's awesome. I've been using them since a few days after they started.
There's even plugins for IE and Firefox.
wink

I wanted to let you all know about a online bookmark website. What they do is store your bookmarks online. It is a free program to use. They also have features that you can pay for. It is one of the best bookmarking websites I have ever signed up for. Click here for more information.

http://trichat.broadphase.com/img/linkagogo.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the way I have my LinkaGoGo.

TriChat wrote:

I wanted to let you all know about a online bookmark website. What they do is store your bookmarks online. It is a free program to use. They also have features that you can pay for. It is one of the best bookmarking websites I have ever signed up for. Click here for more information.

http://trichat.broadphase.com/img/linkagogo.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the way I have my LinkaGoGo.

See - but for that you have to visit the page every time you want to view the bookmarks.
Chipmark uses a browser plugin.
No need for page viewing.

Why does TriChat's post sound/look like spam e-mail? smile

"I wanted to let you all know about a FR3E M0RTGAGE C4LCULAT0R!"

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I would be more worried about the legally ambigious copyright on his forum.

Oh, he's running "TriChat Message Board" roll

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I recommend www.connectedy.com . Its byline is creating personal link libraries online. The concept is to change links from being like immovable doorways into being more like portable, handheld objects. Search engines show you all the links that you ask for, but they don't let you organize them your own way. Connectedy lets you collect links into your own personal library, share some or all of them, and categorize them in whatever way makes sense to you. Your shared links and categories get indexed in major search engines, so other web users may very well see your published pages (if you want them to).

There are several bookmarking managers out there, but I believe Connectedy is set apart by (a) its simplicity, (b) its integration with Google, and (c) the fact that the service is free AND no personal information is requested at all. What I am seeing on Connectedy is a community forming around sharing links and categorizing the web.

9 (edited by Gizzmo 2005-06-30 05:36)

i like the sound of Chipmark.com, i dont have to worry about losing links when/if i have to reinstall windows...but the thing im so happy about is there is no plugin for opera

& it dont support opera bookmarks