Re: Logicfury (Lightweight CMS) and PunBB

i probably will get something out eventually, would you mind if i required mod_rewrite support, because if i can use that then it would be alot simpler for what i want to do...

52 (edited by deusiah 2005-06-19 20:07)

Can you not discuss this elsewhere? I asked a question that has now been pushed to the previous page which now no one will see. I'm having a job finding out how punBB uses permissions for topics and this off-topic cross talking isn't helping. You don't like what I'm trying to do fine, I understand that but please have the decency to not take over a topic for your own discussions.

Thanks you.

Sorry, anyway have you read through the code on punbb its lovely and clean, usually i can work out whats happening and i'm not that great at php wink to get you started all permissions stuff tends to be $pun_user['g_... or PUN_XXXX i think

It's not the idea to love or not your plug system ... but it would be interesting that PunBB doesn't need ANY EXTERNAL soft  : Rickard has accomplished a good job with punBB : I think, and I persist, create a CMS with PunBB is easier (even if longer) than bridging ... That's all. Not off topic : all the actual CMS are very LOUD (click click click click click ohhhhh great ! my category is created ...)

55 (edited by deusiah 2005-06-19 22:20)

Connor, I'm going through the code but it takes time to digest. It's also not the most interesting of task, esp as I don't use punBB and take into consideration that most people only code things that they need or use it's not at the top of my todo list and so dedicating time to it is quite hard. A little help from somone who already knows the system would really be appreciated.

Rod, I can see what your saying but it is off-topic. If I had been asking what path do you think I should take, bridge my CMS with punbb or make it part of punBB then yes it would be quite on-topic. As I said before my CMS's pupose is not to link with punBB but to have the option therefore your suggestion is not viable.

I can see the chances of me getting any help are pretty slim which is a shame as I don't really have the time to go through all the code as I have many things to code. I'll put the punBB work on hold for now which is a shame as I really would have liked to get a release that supported punBB out today. My lack of understanding of how the permissions system is stored and processed in the database really is the only thing holding me back.

56 (edited by Superfane 2005-06-19 23:05)

I don't know if this it will be of any use, but I'll try to explain how the permissions are handled in PunBB. You will only have to excuse my poor english smile.
The default permissions are stored in the "groups" table (you can see the table structure here. For any group that you may have, you can assign rights (read, post, edit, delete, etc). Besides the group rights, you can assign forum rights that will override the group rights. Forum permissions are held in the "forum_perms" table (table structure). There, you can assign the rights that a group will have on a specific forum.
I hope that this will help you and that you will continue the work on punBB integration with your CMS!

have you looked at http://punbb.org/docs/dev.html#dbtables ?

Thanks for the help Superfane and Connorhd it's exactly what I need and your discription of how the permissions work Superfane ties together a few things I have found out and I understand how the system works now.

I'll get to work on this as soon as I get home and let you know how it went.

Thanks again big_smile
Chris

I still can't get my head round this it's so confusing!

Could someone explain in psudeo how one would go about filtering out hidden forums from a query?

if you mean hidden forums as in forums that the user doesn't have permissions for?

maybe generate_quickjump_cache in include/cache.php would be a simple example to look at (it generates the quickjump menus)

Yes that's exactly what I mean, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out tonight smile

62 (edited by deusiah 2005-06-23 22:04)

OK here it is, the fruit of hours of studing PunBB's code:

SELECT t.id AS tid, t.subject, f.id AS fid, f.forum_name, u.username, u.id AS uid, p.id AS pid, p.poster_id, FROM_UNIXTIME(p.posted,'%b %d, %Y at %T') as post_time FROM punbb_topics t, punbb_forums f, punbb_users u, punbb_posts p, punbb_forum_perms fp WHERE (fp.forum_id!=f.id AND fp.group_id=3) AND p.id=t.last_post_id AND u.id=p.poster_id AND t.forum_id=f.id AND t.moved_to IS NULL ORDER BY t.last_post DESC LIMIT 15

Hopefully it's right, I don't think I have missed anything out but only time will tell.

OK just thought I'd let you know the 0.5 release is officaly public.

64 (edited by erissiva 2005-07-03 05:05)

deusiah wrote:

OK just thought I'd let you know the 0.5 release is officaly public.

Yes, but does it support the punBB bridging like you talked about in the beta?
I couldn't find anything on that...

Edit: Oh...Wait - I see it.
I'll get around to testing this when I get some personal time...

65 (edited by deusiah 2005-07-03 10:01)

Yes it does, sorry it's lacking documentation at the moment being a beta release. I hope to start putting something together soon however. I'm just not sure what's the best way of going about it yet.