Topic: Google AdSense

Woohoo...already made a whopping 10 cents from Google Ads tongue

Re: Google AdSense

lol, man how many google ads do you have on your site?

Umm....there's one in the left column of site plus in the forums there's one after the first post in every thread.

you'd probably make more money if more people visited your site, about the ads after the first post, wouldn't a horizontal advert make more sense?

Connorhd wrote:

you'd probably make more money if more people visited your site

That's what I thought smile It started out alright, but this last month it has been pretty much dead.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

i guess thats because of where the ads are, i tend to stop scrolling before i even see them tongue

A good place to put the adds would be in a vertical column to the right - that wouldn't really interfere with using the forums, and would make them more prominent.

that would be annoying though since it would make the forum narrower

i put mine below the announcement box, and make a healthy amount off them.

This is, I don't want to alter the appearance of the forums too much. I want these forums to be representative of what PunBB looks like.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I like them where they are right now. It's not the best place to put them, as they should be above the fold..

*click, click, click, click, click, click* wink

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

12 (edited by hcgtv 2005-07-09 21:57)

I just realized last night that Google came out with some new horizontal link ads, they are perfect to place before or after the announcement box of PunBB.

This is how my ads at hcgtv.net are placed in main.tpl:

<pun_include "468x15_0ads_al_s.php">

<pun_announcement>

<pun_main>

<pun_footer>

<pun_include "468x60_as.php">

It looks like they are working well, the clicks have gone up today.