1 (edited by elch 2005-07-12 20:11)

Topic: merging my own homepage with PunBB

hi all,

today i started to merge my self-written (php + mysql) homepage with PunBB. Merging means that i want to use one login and one layout/stylesheet for the whole page. Also the board has to be _completely_ integrated into the rest of the page, which means that virtually all files reside in one folder, except for those in subfolders.
First thing i did was to rename the punBB-index.php in viewboard.php, and to convert all the links.
Maybe the following helps somebody who tries the same:

for $filed in `find ./ -type d -print`; 
do cat $filed | sed -e "s/index.php/viewboard.php/" > $filed~; 
mv $filed~ $filed; 
done;

In the next step i'll migrate the site's loginsystem (which is the one from phpBB...) to that of punBB. Any help will be appreciated, but at the moment i have no questions, and furthermore, i found some threads about this.

my homepage can be found under www.ein-elch.de, that is the odd old version. The new one, which is now in development can be found under new.ein-elch.de.

There are no technical questions at this time, but they'll come i think.
Is there somebody who tries the same thing?

Re: merging my own homepage with PunBB

would it not be easier to make your site use PunBBs user system?

3 (edited by elch 2005-07-12 20:17)

didn't i write that? hm.. yes, that is easier and that is what i do wink
the 'script' i've used to convert index.php to viewboard.php has produced an error:
in viewboard.php in line 35 it changes
require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/index.php';
to
require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/viewboard.php';
, which is _wrong_. You have to set '/index.php' manually.
Let's see if i find more..

// edit:
the Administration-link (and some more i think) point to admin_viewboard.php now.
i should have been aware of that *lol*
just move admin_index.php to admin_viewboard.php, and don't care about the funny name.

next time i'll test the whole thing first, and then post here wink

for the user integration you just need to include common.php and use $pun_user, have a look at this http://punres.org/doku.php?id=tutorials … e_template