Topic: Quotes Not Wrapping ?

Hi, first of all, thanks for the great forum. I just spent ages ripping the surplus bits out of Invision Board to get it working similar to Punbb. Needless to say I am going to be sticking to Punbb from now on.

My query was this. I have noticed that quotations do not seem to wrap if they contain long lines. The result is you get one row in a topic which is much wider than the others and actually wider than the screen resulting in horizontal scrolling. Is this deliberate to allow for people posting code and other such items where a wrap is undesirable or is it a bug?. An example would be Arne's post today entitled Recent Discussions on Frontpages.

Re: Quotes Not Wrapping ?

It doesn't wrap text in code tags. It is that way on purpose. Text in quote tags is wrapped like regular text.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Why?

Well, the whole point of the code tag is that you get preformatted output. Whatever you put in between the code tags will not be touched by the forum and it will look exactly like you entered.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

So basically it is like using the < pre> tag.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

Indeed, but isn't there any other way around? I must admit, it looks ugly :-s especially when you're quite stuck on formats and widths and heights :-) like me on my website... I'm not quite of a complainer but I was just wondering if there wouldn't be any solution. 1.1?

Well, the only "solution" would be to use a <textarea> instead of a table, but it's just so damn ugly :)