Re: OLD TOPIC TO DELETE

Hum ... smile

Maybe in the Final release :
- Unlimited Sub-categorie
- X last posted pictured on gallery header (configurable in option, so x = 0 = no picture on gallery header)
- Link on thumbnail
- Configuration option for allow/not allow full picture view by group
- Ratings system
- Comments system
- Forum parsing, for user can include gallery thumbnail in there post (ex: [img=50] show the thumbnail of picture gallery who id=50)
- Have an idea ? Send it here

So ...

Maybe in the Final release :
- Unlimited Sub-categorie >>> I WANT THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile

- X last posted pictured on gallery header (configurable in option, so x = 0 = no picture on gallery header) >>> ...

- Link on thumbnail >>> indeed smile

- Configuration option for allow/not allow full picture view by group >>> simply great

- Ratings system >>> why not

- Comments system >>> smile smile smile

- Forum parsing, for user can include gallery thumbnail in there post (ex: [img=50] show the thumbnail of picture gallery who id=50) >>> FANTASTIC

- Have an idea ? Send it here >>> GO smile

One Pic can be used in several categories ... I take my example of Fantasya.

I send a contest "Blue Fairy" ... users post their pics about "Blue Fairy"

but their Blue Fairy can have a "fantasy" or "erotic" thema in same time

So their blue fairy are visible
- their own gallery, and the category they want inside their gallery
- in a gallery called "Blue Fairy"

Another point : we can imagine all posted pics (by attach mod, or via url) with your mod, a link appears under the pic, and we can attach in the gallery

Example ....

People send a picture of dragon by http ( [ img ]  [ / img ])

Under the pic, if admin/modo/group a link appears "add this pic to ..." go to popup (or dhtml layer) and you choose where the pic could be go)

... Hoping I was clear despite my very miserable english smile

27 (edited by johan 2005-07-09 17:56)

after installing the mod and copied all the files. I wanted to add som pictures to the gallery, writing all the ftp info in and then trying to add pictures to the gallery i got this error msg:

Fatal error:
Call to undefined function: ftp_connect() in /customers/zetterstrom.info/zetterstrom.info/httpd.www/lhs/gallery_post.php on line 277

Johan

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

hum... i think your host disable this fonction. Try it in localhost or to another host.

changed the FTP Server to localhost but same problem. is there another way to upload images to the gallery?

Nop, don't change your FTP Server (use the same), but try the script on localhost or in another host. And for upload images, you can don't use FTP host if you want, just use the configuration without FTP option.

31 (edited by pen 2005-07-10 13:28)

hey, another question, is there anyway to configure this so that only admins and moderators can upload pictures to the gallery?

EDIT: sorry for being so hasty in my post, found it now, awsome work man ;D

is there anyway to mass upload pictures to the gallery?

Im not using the ftp provided by the gallery mod.

johan wrote:

is there anyway to mass upload pictures to the gallery?

Im not using the ftp provided by the gallery mod.

Nop ^^

Is there any way to install the 2.0 version and not have to re-upload all the images?

I have about 75 images uploaded by different users, and really don't want to have them re-upload everything.

/shrug

Maybe have it go into the 'old' category, and then move what I have to where it belongs?

-Tim

does this work on 1.2.6?

I really want to be able to install this on my 1.2.6 forum, hope you will be able to make those changes asap! smile

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

For install to 1.2.6, just edit install_mod.php and replace on line 12 :

$punbb_versions    = array('1.2', '1.2.1', '1.2.2', '1.2.3', '1.2.4', '1.2.5');

by

$punbb_versions    = array('1.2', '1.2.1', '1.2.2', '1.2.3', '1.2.4', '1.2.5', '1.2.6');

38 (edited by Limber 2005-07-20 18:47)

big_smile

EDIT: I thought that would solve it, but now when i click the link to gallery.php, the page is blank. That is an error in the php code I guess, why am I getting this?

39 (edited by Limber 2005-07-20 20:30)

*bump*

If you didn't notice because i edited...

PS Click on the "website" link to the left to see my website (and the problem). The Gallery is called "Fotoalbum" in swedish.

40 (edited by Limber 2005-07-20 21:08)

Nevermind, I figured it out.

If you have a language different from English and French, you have to copy gallery.php to that language directory.

You should add this in the installation instructions, pokemon_jojo.

Thanks for a great mod though, I really hope it will be ready before august 17th, would be very useful on my trip to the US.  smile

EDIT: I made a Swedish language file for you...
www.limber.se/lang/Swedish/gallery.php.txt

Hope you like it wink
Some translations were a bit dodgy though, since the english wasn't exactly clear... I did my best though. I'll review it tomorrow, when I'm not so tired.

Salut!

41 (edited by pokemon_jojo 2005-07-20 23:40)

ok i 'm waiting tomorrow and i up it with other language file. Thx for your participation.

For your bug i don't see any bug!!! Have you try to up image in your gallery ?

Yes, now that is the problem. Gallery_post renders blank, will try to look into that now.

43 (edited by pokemon_jojo 2005-07-21 07:59)

For me, i have this in gallery_post.php : Felaktig förfrågan. Länken du följde är inkorrekt eller utdaterad.

So it's not blank !!

Of course it isn't. smile That's when calling it directly.
I was a bit unclear... what I mean is that, when I try to post an image, it renders blank. Register as a user, and try to post an image on my site. You'll see what happens.

45 (edited by pokemon_jojo 2005-07-21 08:28)

Do you use FTP Upload to another server option (If yes, test without) ? What is your upload repertory ? Is it in 777 chmod ? Have you php errors when you post ?

Please allow guest to post image in your gallery option for i can test to up image in your gallery.

No i do not use FTP Upload. Yes the directory is writeable, it's a windows server  2003 btw.
No php errors, the page renders blank.

I've allowed guest posting.

Thanks for you help!

Sorry, but i don't know what is this bug. I think it's your host who maybe desactive some functions (and errors of these functions).

Have you GD fonction on your host ?

If you can try the script on localhost (with easy php) and if th script is ok, we will know the bug come from your host (or disable function)

My host is my server here under my desk, so I have full control smile

GD function? I'm running PHP5, MySQL 4.

gezz wrote:

is there a way you could impliment a private user gallery where a user could upload pictures? this is sort of done in coppermine which is aparently going to be punbb friendly (1.4), just thought it could be implimented into pun gallery.

any responce?

-gezz

Hi.

How do I edit one of the pictures in the galleri (not the picture, but the text)?
Maybe this would be a new funktion in the next version of the Gallery...