Topic: Migration from SMF

Hi! Where I can find converter SMF database to PunBB database? Or it not exists at that time?

Re: Migration from SMF

There isn't one yet...

You could always convert SMF to phpBB, and then convert that to PunBB...

I would email Chacmool a dump of the database and see if he could add it to the Convertor as well wink

4 (edited by Zoltor 2005-08-11 09:06)

Elzar wrote:

There isn't one yet...

You could always convert SMF to phpBB, and then convert that to PunBB...

Yes! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
But there is no converter SMF to PhpBB... Maybe I miss it.. Can you link me to it plz?

Hmm, well this one is still being tested, so you may have to wait a while:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=306321

6 (edited by Zoltor 2005-08-11 09:33)

in this topic link to dowmload converter that: http://www.phpbb.com/downloads.php#converters yes? but on that page no converter from SMF.....
D*mn.. on that topic on phpbb comunity

Download: LINK TEMPORARILY REMOVED UNTIL MAJOR FLAWS CAN BE FIXED, PLEASE BE PATIENT AS I ADMINISTER THIS PROBLEM.

I found SMF->IPB converter.. then convert from IPB nj PunBB.. but on index forum page I doesn't see time of last post at right column.. and some messages with quotes lose normal appearance and view of topic is bad.. sad
Sorry for my english!

Zoltor wrote:

I found SMF->IPB converter.. then convert from IPB nj PunBB.. but on index forum page I doesn't see time of last post at right column.. and some messages with quotes lose normal appearance and view of topic is bad.. sad
Sorry for my english!

As stated above... just send me a sql-dump of you forum database and I'll see if I can add it to the current converters. Mail is chacmool@gmail.com.

Edit: I downloaded SMF and installed it... and damn, that forum is nice! It was so easy making the converter, I think it took about 2 hours. I've been working with the UBB.threads converter earlier today, and that work can be described more as: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! Frustration!!!" smile

Anyway... send me that sql-dump so I have some real data to try with (or, if you don't like to send it to me, I can send the converter for you to try with).

Hello.

Before Migration Actions When you have made the final decision on your switching,  start from the very beginning: Install bbPress forum – it’s essential to install your new forum on WordPress. Analyze your users visits – it’s better to perform migration, when the number of your site/forum users is the lowest. Inform your website visitors about the migration – so that they were ready for the site maintenance or its totally new look.