Topic: 1.3 release

any expected date for 1.3 release?

Re: 1.3 release

no

I have some time off from work in about two weeks. I intend to spend that time on PunBB.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

I have some time off from work in about two weeks. I intend to spend that time on PunBB.

Great.  I'm looking forward to the fruits of your labor.  Thanks for writing and supporting PunBB.

5 (edited by GregK 2005-08-19 19:22)

cool, good timing! wink

I just picked up this old dusty project the other day.

no 1.3 was a brick wall sad I decided its Pun or nuthin' tongue

cheers

6 (edited by Steve Castle 2005-10-10 02:34)

Any updates?

I am messing around with the software on my host and do have to say that Punbb 1.2.8 has got to be some of the best forum software out there.

Looking forward to the SEo friendly URL's and the RSS (if that is going to be in there - from the reading that I have already done, it looks as if it might still be in there)

Looking forward to writing a few mods of my own.

-Steve

Been waiting for rss feeds for some time... would like know if there is some sort of ETA on 1.3?

I wish I could give you guys an ETA, but I can't. I could probably squeeze in a few hours this weekend and work out the feeds though.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I just committed the new extern.php (together with an updated .htaccess and common language file). It's pretty much a complete rewrite. It outputs feeds as RSS 2.0, Atom 1.0, a homebrew XML format or as regular HTML (<li>'s). The biggest change though is that it supports topic feeds. Those of you who have 1.3 installs running, give it a go and report any problems to me. Cheers!

10 (edited by khalido 2005-10-16 06:49)

the new extern.php is the feature I've been waiting... Where can I download the beta version from?

Or, can I put these two files extern.php and htaccess in a 1.2.8 installation?

The new extern.php will not work with 1.2.*. If you want to test it, you have to install the current 1.3 development code. Some info.