Topic: PunBB 1.2.7

Today brings the release of PunBB 1.2.7, a minor bug and vulnerability fix. Details on what has been fixed can be found in the changelog. As usual, I recommend that everyone update.

A big thank you goes out to Smartys for reporting most of the bugs. You da man!

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: PunBB 1.2.7

Woot! (I'm the first to respond!)

Nice to see a new version... Now to start modding it again wink

With all the mods on my board I decided to go the manual update route and changed the files using the hdiff. Took me maybe 15 mins to edit the files, upload and run the update script. That compares with a 1.2.5 --> 1.2.6 update time in the HOURS when I upgraded and then re-modded the board.

Thanks for the update, and MANY thanks for the hdiff! smile

Nice little update wink

Mart wrote:

With all the mods on my board I decided to go the manual update route and changed the files using the hdiff. Took me maybe 15 mins to edit the files, upload and run the update script. That compares with a 1.2.5 --> 1.2.6 update time in the HOURS when I upgraded and then re-modded the board.

Thanks for the update, and MANY thanks for the hdiff! smile

Agreed, i'm liking the hdiff file very much.

Good stuff.

If you like hdiff, wait until you encounter diff/patch. How the world would function without it is beyond me.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Upgraded without problem.
Upgraded with changed file for my few modification.

Sorry for my french english.
GT4 Club driver France & Forum - Lingerie.

But wait!  I never got around to upgrading to 1.2.6 -- I missed out. sad

Rickard wrote:

If you like hdiff, wait until you encounter diff/patch. How the world would function without it is beyond me.

Hmm... I was all ready to write up some kind of script for applying the hdiff changes...

Then I realised that I'm on DreamHost and have shell access.

man patch

Interesting...

I have updated my site today with PunBB 1.2.7, 30 minutes only for update my small portal!
Thank you verry mush Rickard tongue
You are the Best!

How do you type '»'?  I noticed it's used in the breadcrumb trail.  I thought there might be an ascii code for it, but everytime I find it on a website and view source it's simply typed in.  What's the secret keyboard combination for typing it?  wink  Offtopic, I know -- thanks though.

D9r wrote:

How do you type '»'?  I noticed it's used in the breadcrumb trail.  I thought there might be an ascii code for it, but everytime I find it on a website and view source it's simply typed in.  What's the secret keyboard combination for typing it?  wink  Offtopic, I know -- thanks though.

It's HTML entity is: »

Bulgaricus.com updated! Thanks Rickard!

I would like to give a big thanks to this site and Rickard.  This is the 1st time I have ever really HEARD of, let alone used, a punnBB forum, and Iam very, very happy with it.  So far, I have not had any major issues, and there are some good mods and styles out there as well.  Thanks a lot for all this tremendous amount of work being done on this project, applauds for all involved!

http://www.funwithmsn.com/msnsmileys/kiss-love/blushing.gif

Edit: Fear not, the above is not a PunBB smiley.

I've been using this forum for the first time and have been pleased with how accessible the code is.  I've been hacking away at it a bit and cleaned up the layout a bit for my site:  http://www.appstatecycling.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=1

thanks for the great forum, phpbb blows

18 (edited by D9r 2005-09-06 14:16)

Thanks, CodeXP.

Rickard wrote:

http://www.funwithmsn.com/msnsmileys/ki … ushing.gif

That reminds me, I need to add more smileys to my forum.

Hi,

I'm using the Mod Spam Protect Emails, and the code of the mob has been affected by the 1.2.7.

In include/paser.php around line 319

Mod Spam Protect Emails

'#\[email\](.*?)\[/email\]#e',
'#\[email=(.*?)\](.*?)\[/email\]#e',

'#\[email\]([^\[]*?)\[/email\]#',
'#\[email=([^\[]*?)\](.*?)\[/email\]#',

Can I use?

'#\[email\]([^\[]*?)\[/email\]#e',
'#\[email=([^\[]*?)\](.*?)\[/email\]#e',

Thanks

Rickard wrote:

http://www.funwithmsn.com/msnsmileys/ki … ushing.gif

its the one smilie i ever want to use which is not in punbb

I'm using the Mod Spam Protect Emails, and the code of the mob has been affected by the 1.2.7.

In include/paser.php around line 319

No need work perfectly with 1.2.7 code ....

Sorry

Just a gentle reminder/request: the freshmeat entry for punbb hasn't been updated to reflect the 1.2.7 release. I'm a "subscriber" and only happened upon this new release via a trip to the site to lookup some information...

Yes, it's just that updating the Freshmeat listing is such a pain in the *** that I haven't bothered for a while.

Hi Rickard!

I updated using Patch for Windows, and it kind of worked... smile

The command line gives the following error:

C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin>patch -ul -d y:\ -p2 < y:\punbb-1.2.6_to_1.2.7.pat
ch --binary
patching file admin_groups.php
patching file admin_index.php
patching file admin_options.php
Hunk #1 FAILED at 117.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file admin_options.php.rej
patching file admin_permissions.php
patching file admin_users.php
patching file edit.php
patching file extern.php
patching file include/functions.php
patching file include/parser.php
patching file install.php
patching file post.php
patching file register.php
patching file search.php

When I examine admin_options.php using your hdiff, it looks like the line was replaced all right, and the site (www.limber.se) seems to work.

In the admin panel, the version is still 1.2.6 though...

Do you have any idea why it acted up and why the version number is unchanged?

Mvh,
Andreas Limber

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

You have to download and run the 12_to_127_update.php file.