1 (edited by trevor 2005-09-10 04:58)

Topic: move the avatar directory, so i don't delete it again!

so, i just upgraded my punbb install and totally overwrote / deleted the avatar directory (/img/avatar/). it would be nice, methinks, to put this directory is something that isn't included in the "upload" directory, so it won't be overwritten on upgrade. otherwise, or in addition to this, it would be nice to add a note about this to the docs, so other fools don't make the same mistake i did.

Re: move the avatar directory, so i don't delete it again!

If you FTP the upgrades (as nearly everyone will i would guess) then it won't replace folders

And you can change the folder in PunBB if you have a problem tongue

Yeah, I see this option now. I upgraded via FTP (Mac Transmit is my client) and it replaces folders and deletes the files. I guess I'll move the upload directory in the options, but it might be nice to note this potential mistake in the upgrade docs.

Well your FTP shouldn't delete the existing files. Have a browse of the settings.

I see the option in the Transmit FTP client settings, and I'll change it. Anyway, I just wanted to point this issue out. It's totally my fault, obviously, but I though it would be worth mentioning.