1 (edited by Rickard 2005-08-30 12:26)

Topic: Moving to San Diego

Well, the server that is. The TextDrive folks are in the midst of a rather large hardware upgrade. Included in this upgrade is a new colocation provider (hence the geographical move). The DNS will be updated sometime within the next 6 to 24 hours. Expect a few hours downtime as the DNS change propagates.

Edit: It's done.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Moving to San Diego

Everyone cross their fingers that we don't need to wait too long!

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

3 (edited by Fire Fusion 2005-08-29 18:03)

My server (Gilford) just got moved. YAY!

They should have a rest, then start work on the TextPanel.

I <3 TextDrive

2 things
1. I can't seem to get mail to you now (at least to <your name>@punbb.org). I got this error with Gmail:
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

<your name>@punbb.org

Technical details of permanent failure:
PERM_FAILURE: SMTP Error (state 10): 550 RCPT TO:<<your name>@punbb.org> Relaying not allowed

2. Trac seems to have died
http://dev.punbb.org/

Oops...

Trac detected an internal error:

'module' object has no attribute 'cgi_start'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/home/punbb/cgi-bin/trac", line 25, in ?
   trac.core.cgi_start()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'cgi_start'

I know about the e-mail problem. There's something wrong with my domain control panel thingy. I can't seem to add a MX record.

The trac error was probably a temporary thing.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yup, seems to be working again now smile

I have been thinking about moving to Textdrive for a while now but the forum seems to have a lot of complaints about downtime. Maybe this was because of the scheduled move to San Diego? Anyone here (other than Rickard) use TextDrive and able to vouch for its services? I am thinking of going for the lifetime hosting if it is still available