Re: Image Upload 1.2.1

What version of PunBB are you using? All the lines matched up when I was doing the edits, so I can only assume that it's something close to 1.2.7... 1.2.5? Just open up install_mod.php, and change the line that states: $punbb_versions = array('1.2.6', '1.2.7'); to include the version of the board you are using.

As far as that error goes, I don't think it relates to this mod. Have you done any other edits to your site?

Line 35 is this: require PUN_ROOT.'lang/'.$pun_user['language'].'/index.php';
What that error states is that $pun_user['language'] is not defined. Don't know why this would be, so some other edits would be my only guess.

bozer wrote:

Ok I reuploaded files, and got that fixed. Forums are now up...

However, when I go to post a new topic, I get this:

http://www.fraggerock.com/forum/post.php?fid=2

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to fetch forum info.

Did you run install_mod.php successfully?

I'm a giant tard..

It's working now smile

Are you supposed to be able to post images when using "quick post"? I noticed you can't

Glad to hear that smile

You're not supposed to be able to upload images from the "quick post", simply because I don't consider that a part of the "quick" operation. If may people really want it, I will make a separate set of instructions for the next version on how you can add an upload box to the quick post, but it will not be a part of the main install.

30 (edited by bozer 2005-09-21 06:13)

Nope.. It's fine like that. I just thought it wasn't working at first when replying to people, but I was just in quick post.

Just found an odd bug. Must be something I have configured wrong. Other users don't have the option to upload images. It seems to be only working for me as the admin. Any ideas? OR is it supposed to only work for admins?

I cant get the thumbnails to work!! I hade some problems with GD at first, it wasent mentioned to be install anywhere smile

But i can upload images and stuff, but when i read the post, nothing is there. I "scan for errors" under the plugin section and it tells me that there is thumbnails missing in post 18 something something..

Other users don't have the option to upload images. It seems to be only working for me as the admin. Any ideas? OR is it supposed to only work for admins?

Same problem for me !! Or I think this option is interesting for USER : because a webmaster knows, in theory, the power of FTP (et doesn't really need to upload pics by this way)

NightFalcon I'm sure will have this worked out today. Seems like a pretty quick to respond/helpful guy

This mod is awesome by the way

Did you guys go to the forum permissions and enabled image uploads? By default they won't be allowed for users. Go to Administration -> Forums -> Edit (Next to one of the forums you want users to upload to) -> And Enable Image Upload for groups that need it.

fu: Try accessing <uri of your forum>/include/phpThumb/demo/phpThumb.demo.demo.php
At the top of the page there will be a note that will tell you if GD lib installed on your server and what version it is. Ideally, you want to see something like this: "Note: this server is working on GD 'bundled (2.0.28 compatible)', so images should be of optimal quality." If you get a different message, you may need to contact your web host and see if they can help you there.

NightFalcon wrote:

Did you guys go to the forum permissions and enabled image uploads? By default they won't be allowed for users. Go to Administration -> Forums -> Edit (Next to one of the forums you want users to upload to) -> And Enable Image Upload for groups that need it.

Shame on me ... indeed it's better I thought ... very perfect.

36 (edited by Rod 2005-09-21 12:52)

First feedback on my site : they find annoying to have to write a message smile So the question : when you up pics, could you be able to have this possibility to not post a message ?

Another  thing : when you go back with "Back to the post", would it be possible to go back on the ANCHOR of the post ? (by default, you go back on the top of the post) smile

The second one is already on my to-do list, will take a look at number one as well.

NightFalcon wrote:

Genius!

NightFalcon wrote:

fu: Try accessing <uri of your forum>/include/phpThumb/demo/phpThumb.demo.demo.php
At the top of the page there will be a note that will tell you if GD lib installed on your server and what version it is. Ideally, you want to see something like this: "Note: this server is working on GD 'bundled (2.0.28 compatible)', so images should be of optimal quality." If you get a different message, you may need to contact your web host and see if they can help you there.

I have installed the mod successful and enabled users to upload images. If I reopen the Administration -> Forums -> Edit -> And Enable Image Upload, it is signed with red background. Is it normal?

The other question: I checked the error finding, it does not found any problems, but when I try to upload images, the uploading does not work. I cannot see my image neither at the preview, nor after the posting. What can be the problem? The Uploads directory is empty, Attributes: enabled Read-Write-Run for all users.

Thank you for your help.

TL

Thin Lizzy wrote:

I have installed the mod successful and enabled users to upload images. If I reopen the Administration -> Forums -> Edit -> And Enable Image Upload, it is signed with red background. Is it normal?

The other question: I checked the error finding, it does not found any problems, but when I try to upload images, the uploading does not work. I cannot see my image neither at the preview, nor after the posting. What can be the problem? The Uploads directory is empty, Attributes: enabled Read-Write-Run for all users.

Thank you for your help.

TL

The red background is normal, it simply means that the setting is different from the default, you get the same thing with the other 3 settings.

As for uploading, you won't be able to see anything at the preview, since images are only uploaded once you click Submit. One thing that happens however (and this should be fixed in the next version) is that if you hit Preview, the upload boxes are cleared, so when you hit Submit after that, no files are uploaded. My guess is that this is what happened with you. Try submitting without hitting the Preview, or if you do, you have to re-select the files to upload.

NightFalcon wrote:
Thin Lizzy wrote:

Thank you for your help.

TL

The red background is normal, it simply means that the setting is different from the default, you get the same thing with the other 3 settings.

As for uploading, you won't be able to see anything at the preview, since images are only uploaded once you click Submit. One thing that happens however (and this should be fixed in the next version) is that if you hit Preview, the upload boxes are cleared, so when you hit Submit after that, no files are uploaded. My guess is that this is what happened with you. Try submitting without hitting the Preview, or if you do, you have to re-select the files to upload.

Hi NightFalcon,

thank you for your help.

I tried to post images without Preview but nothing happened. I can see only the message part, without the picture.

Do you have another suggestion?

How big of a picture are you trying to upload? Check that it's width, height, size, and type do not break the limits set in the settings.

Hi Falcon,
its possible to show the gallery in a popup? I mean, without the header and footer at the forum ...

Greetings

44 (edited by Rod 2005-09-22 13:48)

A GREAT BIG BUG smile I want to delete an user and all the posts of this user ... and I have this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: delete_images() in /home/rbn/www/forum/include/functions.php on line 392

Hi Falcon,
its possible to show the gallery in a popup? I mean, without the header and footer at the forum ...

Greetings

I'm OK smile dhtml is your friend (instead popup) smile

Rod wrote:

A GREAT BIG BUG smile I want to delete an user and all the posts of this user ... and I have this

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: delete_images() in /home/rbn/www/forum/include/functions.php on line 392

Confirmed, here's the solution:

1) Open profile.php
2) Find:

require PUN_ROOT.'include/common.php';

3) Add After:

require PUN_ROOT.'include/image_upload.php';

This will be added to the instructions for the next version.

46 (edited by Azakur4 2005-09-22 21:09)

this mod don't work to me, i installed in my forum the attachment mod, i think that this is the problem.

when i write a message appear the option upload images, i select the images that i want upload and send the message. the message was send succesfully but the image don't appear.

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

You have to remove attachment mod if you want to use this one. There's no way for both to distinguish which file was uploaded to the attachment mod, and which one to the image upload mod. As a result, the two will get in each other?s way. Sorry, no way around this.

48 (edited by NightFalcon 2005-09-25 01:36)

Hello all!

New version is out. See the punres.org topic for details. Major changes are: valid xhtml code, and new tool for cleaning up orphaned images. The rest are mostly bug fixes. I've also tested the mod on PunBB 1.2.8 and didn't find any problems.

Yes tables are still in, and after taking a look at what can be done with css, tables will stay in. You're more then welcome to modify this yourself, of course.

Still have a few things on my to-do list, but thought that this was a good place to stop and make sure everything works up to this point.

Enjoy!

P.S. I should also note that I've taken a look at allowing the user to post no message body when uploading images. Right now, there is no easy way to allow this, so it will stay on my to-do list, but I make no promises on when or if this will every be possible. The main reason behind this is that checks for things such as if the message body is empty are done before they are entered in the database. Upload of the images happens after, so if I allow the system to bypass this message body check, and then it so happens that the images a user uploaded all break the limits, then you just have an empty post with no images or text. Like I said, if I can find a solution later, I will try.

Yes tables are still in, and after taking a look at what can be done with css, tables will stay in. You're more then welcome to modify this yourself, of course.

sad sad sad

NightFalcon wrote:

How big of a picture are you trying to upload? Check that it's width, height, size, and type do not break the limits set in the settings.

I checked the size and width of the picture, everything is good, but the posting does not work. I tried earlier the attachment mod, too, without success.  Maybe it is the source of the problem. I will try to check whether there are any files of the attachment mod which remained in the main directory. Maybe...

Thanks for your help.

TL