Topic: PunBB 1.2.8

It's that time again. I'm pleased to announce the release of PunBB 1.2.8, a small bug and vulnerability fix. As usual, the changelog is your friend.

Once again, the heroes of the day are PHP security guru Stefan Esser of the Hardened-PHP Project and the ever present bug hunter Smartys. Thank you both for reporting the vulnerabilities and for being nice guys in general smile

Edit: I'm really sorry about this, but I must have been really tired when I slapped together this release last night. A bad fix that prevented anyone from submitting the essentials profile page when there is only one language pack installed was introduced. I've just fixed it and I recommend that everyone either re-download 1.2.8 and update their profile.php or apply the fix manually.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: PunBB 1.2.8

Thanks Rickard, I'll get on it later tonight.

Aren't you supposed to be working on 1.3 smile

Done.
No problem here.

Juste one modification do not work now (minor) in profile.php.

Sorry for my french english.
GT4 Club driver France & Forum - Lingerie.

AHHHHHHHHHH!! Upgrade Pun or evacuate Houston!!!!

OK, so the upgrade took 10 minutes and won't affect our evacuation one bit. Nice work Rickard.

ps...yes, I really am in Houston and yes, we really are about to leave. Have a read for regular updates on how we're doing. smile

Upgrade via patch went fine smile

Upgrade went fine, even with some mods installed. Yay!

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Upgrade went fine for me. Thanks!

Slight prob with editing profiles... The page where you put the admin notes, when you click submit, it goes to a page saying "Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated."... Any other page of the profile (personal, messaging, personality, etc) works, but not Essentials.

m4dm4n wrote:

The page where you put the admin notes, when you click submit, it goes to a page saying "Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated."...

I can reproduce the error on my updated forum also.

PunBB version
    PunBB 1.2.8 - Check for upgrade
    © Copyright 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Rickard Andersson
Server load
    7.09 3.87 1.81 (1 users online)
Environment
    Operating system: Linux
    PHP: 4.4.0 - Show info
    Accelerator: N/A
Database
    MySQL 4.0.25-standard
    Rows: 15494
    Size: 881 KB

m4dm4n wrote:

Slight prob with editing profiles... The page where you put the admin notes, when you click submit, it goes to a page saying "Bad request. The link you followed is incorrect or outdated."... Any other page of the profile (personal, messaging, personality, etc) works, but not Essentials.

Can confirm the same problem here as well.

11 (edited by Limber 2005-09-22 06:56)

Mart wrote:

AHHHHHHHHHH!! Upgrade Pun or evacuate Houston!!!!

OK, so the upgrade took 10 minutes and won't affect our evacuation one bit. Nice work Rickard.

ps...yes, I really am in Houston and yes, we really are about to leave. Have a read for regular updates on how we're doing. smile

Just read your blog on evacuation (and cats, of course) and it all seems too familiar. I was in the states when Katrina hit, and I wish you luck and good patience out on those highways...

Back in Sweden, the weather is fine and so are the women. wink

Enjoy!

Oh, and thanks for the quick update Rickard!

Aftonbörsens skapare. Var med och starta något roligt och stort du med!

m4dm4n wrote:

Same problem here !

I'm such a moron! Give me 15 minutes and I'll have it fixed.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Done. See the first post in this topic.

The email notification worked well, thanks Rickard.

I was wondering - would it be a good idea to make the changelog and/or hdiff files available only to registered members? Because they do seem to "point the way" for hackers. Now, I suppose a dedicated hacker could always do a file comparison themselves, but at least we aren't making it easy for them.

I doubt it would make a difference. Also, PunBB is open source and I'd like to keep it as "open" as possible.

Updated fast width no problem tongue
thank's Rickard.

I am now officially cool.

Works fine now. Thanks Rickard! smile

Hello,

Just did an upgrade with no problem, thanks.

My question is : did you send a "newsletter" email ? (I didn't get it but maybe it's a problem on my side ?)

Thanks,

bsod wrote:

Hello,

My question is : did you send a "newsletter" email ? (I didn't get it but maybe it's a problem on my side ?)

Thanks,

I'm sure an e-mail was send because I received it. This newsletter is very useful!

ludo,

Merci Ludo, I'll check with my ISP then wink

Rickard wrote:

Done. See the first post in this topic.

Updated, working fine now, thanks.

bsod wrote:

Hello,

Thanks,

That's odd. I did send it out to all users on the list.

Rickard wrote:

That's odd. I did send it out to all users on the list.

I got mine, so it's working.

To: <xxx@xxx.com>
Subject: [PunBB Newsletter] PunBB 1.2.8 released
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 01:33:15 +0200
X-Antivirus-Scanner: This message has been scanned by ClamAV - CLEAN.
X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 7.0.344 [267.11.3]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252

http://forums=2Epunbb=2Eorg/viewtopic=2Ephp?id=3D8869

--=20
Rickard Andersson
PunBB Developer