Topic: Question

I plan on turning punBB into a complete webhosting website.  There will be numerous changes to the system, including a support system, possibly live chat, etc.  I was wondering if the license allows me to remove the copyright notices?  The system will be so different that no one will recognize it as being punBB.

Thanks for your help big_smile

Re: Question

GPL allows you to remove copyrights from the HTML (but not from the PHP source!) although it's really not a very nice thing to do. More info on that here

Alright, thanks for the information big_smile  I just would like to remove them because it looks bad for a hosting company in my opinion.  I will make a thread about the project, if I complete it smile

Really? (Check the bottom)
There isn't a reason I can think of to remove it, and especially not at least the linkback to PunBB.

Those are just the forums though, not the main site.  I think it matters more on the main page.  The first impression a potential  costumer will have could be ruined by them getting the wrong idea.

Well, is your main site going to be the forum index?

I sympathize somewhat bearing in mind this will be a commercial site. If you run PunBB as a support forum then maybe you could just put the copyright and link back on the forum pages only as Textdrive, Basecamp and Mint do. Alternatively, get creative. Maybe a recommended software section with details of PunBB there.

yeah, that's a good idea.  Yes, my forum index will be my indx page for the entire site.  I am basically going to try and make a CMS out of punbb. big_smile  I will find a way to show my support for punbb, I absolutely love it smile