Topic: PunBB needs your money!

It's time to put PunBB on milliondollarhomepage.com! If you have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the "What is the idea?" entry from the FAQ:

The idea is simple: to try and make $1m (US) by selling 1,000,000 pixels for $1 each. Hence, 'The Million Dollar Homepage". The main motivation for doing this is to pay for my degree studies, because I don't like the idea of graduating with a huge student debt. I know people who are paying off student loans 15-20 years after they graduated. Not a nice thought!

So, everyone is welcome to buy my pixels, which are available in 100-pixel 'blocks' (each measuring 10x10 pixels). You will see the homepage is divided into 10,000 of these 100-pixel blocks (hence there are 1,000,000 pixels in total). The reason for selling them in 100-pixel blocks is because anything smaller would be too small to display anything meaningful.

You can buy as many pixels as you like, as long as there are some available (see the live stats in the top right corner of the page). When you buy some pixels, you can then display an image/ad/logo of your choice in the space you have purchased. You can also have the image click through to your own website. However, no obscene or offensive images are allowed.

The pixels you buy will be displayed on the homepage permanently. The homepage will not change. Using some of the money I make from the site, I guarantee to keep it online for at least 5 years, but hopefully much longer. I want it to become a kind of internet time capsule. So, in the long run, I believe the pixels will offer good value. You will have a piece of internet history!

It's BRILLIANT!

Now, I guess I could just cough up $100 myself and buy a 10x10 pixel area, but that would be silly. I think we need at least 30x30 pixels. That means we need $900. So, please, if you have a few bucks that you don't intend to waste on things like food and housing, hit the "Donate" button on the punbb.org front page. I'll post the initial $100.

Edit: If the "Donate" button doesn't work, wait a few seconds and try again. Paypal has been giving me headaches these last few days.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: PunBB needs your money!

And we're up to $200 thanks to Connorhd!

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

My $100 is sent smile

well yeh that sounds pretty stupid since rickard said it first, *sighs*

I'm just too fast /Rickard

http://punbb.org/stuff/punbb.gif

It's so pretty!

That sounds like a cool way to drive traffic, but does this guy really need a Million dollars for an education?

hcgtv wrote:

That sounds like a cool way to drive traffic, but does this guy really need a Million dollars for an education?

Probably not, but he's worth it just for coming up with the idea smile

its not for the education its for beer silly tongue

And what better way to spend your hard-earned dollars than on beer for someone else!

Come on people! $10? $5? $2? $1? No contribution is too small.

I haven't been able to check my Paypal account today, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

His Web Stats

Terrible.

briank wrote:

His Web Stats

Terrible.

Huh?

Those aren't his web stats. Those are the stats for a site which bought a 10px link on 4th september.

Rickard wrote:

Come on people! $10? $5? $2? $1? No contribution is too small.

I haven't been able to check my Paypal account today, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'll donate some $ today, but I need to sign up for a Paypal account first... smile

Rickard wrote:

http://punbb.org/stuff/punbb.gif

It's so pretty!

Nice. I have a use for that. Otherwise my excuse is I don't have a PayPal account at the moment big_smile

Sorry I'm really short right now, only $2.

Jérémie wrote:

Sorry I'm really short right now, only $2.

That's still infinitely more than nothing! big_smile

Why not use The Million Penny Homepage and save yourself alot of money..

http://www.millionpennyhomepage.com/

Thanks to Jérémie's $2 and Bert's $25, we're now at $227!

Elzar wrote:

Why not use The Million Penny Homepage and save yourself alot of money..
http://www.millionpennyhomepage.com/

big_smile !

You know what makes me really really mad about the Million Dollar Home Page. I didn't ****ing well think of it first.

Just sent a little donation... Nice that the first donation from my newly created paypal account, will go to Rickard & PunBB smile

And thanks to CodeXP's donation, we're up to $247!

$297 thanks to Ray Barber!

so when do you think of spending that money?

Huh?