Topic: pre moderated?

hi

does punBB allow premoderation of all messages (eg all posts have to be approved by a moderator group before posting)

also i see there is a conversion tool for phpBB - how stable is this (i am running phpBBv2.0.13 with a database of approx 10mb)

i see punBB is xhtml valid - is it also wai compliant?

thanks in advance

Re: pre moderated?

PunBB does not have premoderation of messages at present.

I will leave it to somebody else to answer regarding the conversion tool.

PunBB is not wai compliant at the moment but it's being worked on. It does get a lot closer to compliance than most similar sofware.

The converter works very well with phpBB, but you should be aware that in certain cases you may have problems with certain passwords. I encountered a problem after converting one of my databases and selecting the user I wanted as admin. I just couldn't log in again. What you should do is simply add a temporarly user with a very simple password, select this user as admin in addition to your primary account. This way, if one of the users is unable to log in after the conversion, the other temp one will almost certainly work. Just use this user to change the password of your primary admin account and delete the temp account smile

Paul wrote:

PunBB does not have premoderation of messages at present.

I will leave it to somebody else to answer regarding the conversion tool.

PunBB is not wai compliant at the moment but it's being worked on. It does get a lot closer to compliance than most similar sofware.

thanks - sure - it looks closer to wai than other packages

our primary requirement is premoderation though - does anyone have any idea when or if this may become available??

thanks again

I'm considering adding "premoderation" to PunBB 1.3.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I vote for premoderation too.
It would be nice to have possibility send all new messages to admin or moderators e-mail address.

Great work! Thanks for phorum.

mrazek wrote:

I vote for premoderation too.

Same here. thanks.

Ya..I also vote for Premoderation.. it wud be Very Useful

I start thinking from where you stop thinking!!!